Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: FTWR Guide for n00bs.

Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    The problem is that FTWR staff didn't benefit from banning alot of members except that they make alot of people angry,the invite trading will continue everywhere not just in FST but thousands of forums and sites around the world

It's better then to make that tradings in here with the FST strict rules instead for making members trade them on other places with no control

Do u think that members in here were affected by that ban ,well that's a no because alot of those members can get to any tracker whenver they want

i totally don't like or approve the threats post that was posted but i think that FTWR have made alot of guys angry and they have to deal with the consequences

Most of The members were great members who participated efficiently in their tracker but they just forgot all that and deleted whole invite trees

also i think every trader get to FTWr now will be aleecher only or attain avery safe ratio and he won't try to contribute to FTWR by any means because in any team he may be reported by spies in here and get his acc banned

So FTWR has lost good members,gain hatred,get exposed and i don't really know what those guys will make in the next days as they seem they aren't willing to stop soon

so what if i trade invites,i have been agood member and deserved invites and then trade them ,so if i invited 5 members and 2 of them were bad and the other 3 were great members

i think that the tracker will gain 3 good members and those bad two will be gone or disabled in ashort time ,so technicall the tracker had the benefit of 3 good members

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve
    It's better then to make that tradings in here with the FST strict rules instead for making members trade them on other places with no control
    In what way are the rules here strict on invite trading? simply put invite trading is simply not acceptable to a private tracker, and even more so account trading is never acceptable, so it FST was so strict all of the above invite traders and account traders would find themselves warned or banned... then i would say that FST is strict...

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    shikotee's Avatar Of Crazy Mind
    Quote Originally Posted by aburyach View Post
    Account/invite trading, while unpleasant to owners of sites, actually makes them much better. For example- say I want a bitmetv invite. How can I obtain this invite? For one, I will have to offer something good for it- say, FSC and OiNK or the like. If you have invites at FSC/OiNK; you have proven yourself an exceptional member to have invites. Bitmetv will then directly benefit from this experienced user- maybe he ups his own material, has a seedbox, will become a FLS, etc. By just giving out invites, a sucky site will inevitably result. What do you think is the difference between TD and ScT? How do you think ScT would be if they gave out invites (the answer: not very good)
    Once again - you have a narrow vision of what it is that constitutes a good site. If your views are based on speed and content alone, then what you are saying is for sure true.

But to try to understand - some people have other values and other needs.

The main objective of this site has not been "get the most users and torrents and fastest speeds". Sure - having those things is nice, but there are plenty of other places I can go to get that!

The philosophy for this tracker is against invite trading and account swapping. Respect it, and if you can't, then go elsewhere.

You are entitled to your view and opinion - just don't expect everyone to value the exact same things.

Variety is the spice of life.....

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    This thread has gone in so many circles. There's really no point in continuing discussions, because each side will rebut the other using a point that had already been made.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by zeustke165 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve
    In what way are the rules here strict on invite trading? simply put invite trading is simply not acceptable to a private tracker, and even more so account trading is never acceptable, so it FST was so strict all of the above invite traders and account traders would find themselves warned or banned... then i would say that FST is strict...
    Do you think trading would stop if FST banned invites?

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    Why invite trading is forbidden:

Because you can invite cheaters:
    Cheaters are caught very easily and IP banned.

Because you can invite leechers:
    Leechers get disabled pretty fast.

Because of the Chinese terrorists of the RIAA FBI 0MFG! (Jack told me!)
    If the FBi or iCE want to get in your site do you really think they need an account?

Because you don't know your who you invited:
    I can believe that a site like BitmeTV with a 20k user base can know each members.. + if you have something to trade that mean your not a leecher or cheater (cf 1-2-3)

Because we don't want advertising - we want to be l33t and Privat:
    Don't run a P2P tracker and "www" site with a flashy "DONATE" button .. run a FTP

PENN
    Last edited by host; 01-13-2007 at 09:30 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    the invite section is not open to any member like other forums because u have to wait for nearly amonth before u get in and if u tried to scam or do something wrong u will get disabled privilages and your ip will be banned so u can't get in again and no one will risk that if they are bad guys also fst bans cheaters as well as scammers if they are reported not also like the other forums

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    FTP is too dangerous.

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Do you think trading would stop if FST banned invites?
    That logic does not make it right for FST to allow trading... dont give me a lesser of two evils argument, because its still wrong...

the invite section is not open to any member like other forums because u have to wait for nearly amonth before u get in and if u tried to scam or do something wrong u will get disabled privilages and your ip will be banned so u can't get in again and no one will risk that if they are bad guys also fst bans cheaters as well as scammers if they are reported not also like the other forums
    That maybe FST rules but private site rules says trading invites is also a ban able offense so don't be surprised when you do get banned...
    Last edited by zeustke165; 01-13-2007 at 09:25 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    They are a lot more strict than any other site. Here you have to be a member for 1 month and a minimum of 5 post. However, perhaps they are not strict enough. The 1 month minimum is a good length the 5 posts should be increased a bit. It is still a lot better than every other place where you sign up and instantly you can start trading.
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast