Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Which Firewall do you think is the best?

I used to have ZoneAlram but it caused some CPU usage problems so I switched to Sygate which is working fine.

I've also tried Outpost and that didn't mix well with my PC.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    I used to use Zonealarm Free (until today) when I found that it was stopping me set up my simple 2 PC home network on XP Home. I spent 2 weeks trying to get it going, with many suggestions from people about disabling firewalls. I did not really believe them. I disabled Zonealrm using MSconfig etc. Until today I uninstalled Zonealarm and my network worked first time !

I have seen many people having problems setting up home networks with their Work Group Places not showing shared PCs, pinging problems, permission denied etc etc. As far as I am concerned a lot of them could be fixed if they unistalled Zonealarm.

I believe a lot of these problems came in with SP2. But you would think that Zonelarm would have it sussed by now ! (I was using their latest update)

So Zonealarm sucks and I need a good free firewall !

(I had better read the whole of this thread)

regards

Digby
    NZ
    Last edited by digmen1; 01-28-2007 at 06:08 AM. Reason: typo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i don't care to much for za either. currently i'm using comodo fw, but it has some things i don't really care about either. haven't tried games with it yet so i can't comment on that fact. what is annoying is the fact that it ALWAYS asks for permission when opening firefox or whatever browser thru msn and other appz. i've configured it so it shouldn't do this, but it does it anyway. fucking retarded. i guess i get what i pay for.. no? i would like to also add why are ppl using that sygate fw? it's over 1 year old without updates. it's still good?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @mrnails Ya Comodo is a not at lot of fun to setup , defiantly not for noobies . Its taken me days and countless forums to setup for games and p2p programs .

My little fingers bled trying to give Uttorent permissions until I read Port Forwards help forums . Revtt actually pm'd me complaining about not being able to see my connections ( Ghosted ) even tho I have a share ratio of 2.978 .Steam was n't a lot of fun either I might add till I manually added it to the safe zone in component monitor.

Here's the link again for Comodo , other Firewalls are listed on the main Firewall page .

http://portforward.com/english/softw...ewallindex.htm
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-28-2007 at 01:52 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    DISABLED PRIVS
    not using one///

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by MTFG View Post
    not using one///
    Congratulations your our poster boy for " How to post 20 posts " .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    My little fingers bled trying to give µtorrent permissions...
    really? maybe i've did something wrong then or something for comodo on my end configured itself to µtorrent right out the box. thought that was kinda suspicious for it even says it's a safe prog and didn't even need permission. idk. all other progs have asked for permission besides the µ. i am using version 2.4.16.174.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. Software & Hardware   -   #58
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    as of 2007 january comodo has been free even for the Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4.16.174...downloading it now

9. Software & Hardware   -   #59
    I updated early this week to Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4.16.174 it took awhile to update as well . Funny it failed the first two times , it was taking so long that I must of grew impatient and shut it down . Thats not like me .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    My little fingers bled trying to give µtorrent permissions...
    really? maybe i've did something wrong then or something for comodo on my end configured itself to µtorrent right out the box. thought that was kinda suspicious for it even says it's a safe prog and didn't even need permission. idk. all other progs have asked for permission besides the µ. i am using version 2.4.16.174.
    I found exactly the same thing. uTorrent needed nothing at all, and I was so worried that I posted on the Comodo forum about Comodo not even asking about uTorrent. Nobody had any answer that made sense, and just said it's ok. Made me very uneasy about Comodo.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast