Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A doubt about using private trackers (need good advise)

Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    I have account in most top private trackers. I would like to know, if i can use my accounts both at home and office simulataneoulsy. Why i express this dobt that both have different ips. So is there any chance of a ban or something thinking i'm a cheater?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Back Again!! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am pretty sure that nothing will happen. If you have any doubts about it, read the sites FAQ.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Probably not. Ive used my accounts at top sites in 3 or more different locations and i never had problems. I think they allow a certain number of IP's that can use your account.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    StevenVD's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I know sct does allow it..
    "Normal" is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to the job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car, and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    You can, in some trackers you need to choose normaln connection in your profile, not secure.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Most sites will allow it.
    However they only allow you to leech the SAME file 1 -3 times simulatiously per username to ensure that your not sharing your accounts with multiple people.

Its common sence you wouldnt need to dl the same file really more than once.
    At least at the same time.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    slowgo's Avatar Sysop@Wild-Bytes
    @ WB if we see where the same account has downloaded or is downloading from more than one ip we investigate it and if we find where that account has had more than 2 ips associated with it and they are not on a Dynamic IP then we will disable till we ascertain proof that the account is shared or that it has been traded to another individual ....Then we will delete account and bann all ips associated with that account and then we investigate all those that the account invited plus who invited that account ...sometimes it can equal us banning quite a few ips from site sometimes will bann the whole invite tree .....so when we do open site with invites be very sure who you invite and if we catch anybody trading the invites they will get banned also

We are very serious about too

Slowgo

Sysop@Wild-Bytes
    Last edited by slowgo; 01-13-2007 at 04:06 PM.
    [

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    So it depends on the sites, right? Thanks for all those who replied. But still uncertain whether to proceed. lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    It would be useful if i know what sites allow, like StevenVD said, sct does. What about f**r, RSR, iplay, f*N, TL, TB, hdbits, bitmetv,... I'm pretty sure that bitspyder doesnt allow it. My account has been disabled 2 tmes yet.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    When in doubt just message one of the staff and ask them.
    I always mention to one of them that I use seedboxes and ask them if thats allowed or not.
    Worst thing your gonna get for a reply is "NO WE DO NOT ALLOW THEM"
    in which case more staff SHOULD appreciate the fact that you took the time to ask to be certain before assuming and doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast