Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: About Invites Section

Mariosh's Avatar Member BT Rep: +4
    whats the purpose of it ?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #52
    jounior's Avatar offline for exam BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    we can limit access to this section upon its number
    so we can avoid spaming posts

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #53
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    BUT can you imagine how MANY other people with exactly the same standards he has are ABLE to check on this section.. Well, I guess they are not joking, HUNDREDS...... And THAT'S what need to be changed, a better filter so that spies and scammers will have a hell of a hard time to get into here.. And even when they do, they will spotted quickly and begone and will have to go a lot of work to gain access again.. That's what this is all about ..
    the 5 posts 1 month rule isnt to keep site staff out so u can continue trading their invites in peace. its to try encourage ppl to use the rest of the forums. it was originally intended for the forum members, and not for new users to signup just for the invites section. i remember when i 1st came to this section, there was 2 or 3 threads A DAY. now theres often 2 or 3 PAGES of threads.

to answer the original post, i would increase the wait time, not the post count. the forums already full of n00bs spamming their 1st 5 posts. a longer wait time would put alot of users off, and they'd go elsewhere. and if all they want is access to this section, good, let them go elsewhere.

edit: i notice its now 1 month and 20 posts. was that down to this thread, problems with new users, or just a general decision change. im in favour.
    Last edited by j0hn; 01-21-2007 at 05:18 AM. Reason: update

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456