Thread: Need Help Emergency Plz Help!

Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Well, i have an exam in programming (Pascal/C) in 2 days and today i did a lot of revision. The thing is, i wrote a fairly big Pascal 'tutorial' by which i could study and it took me 4 hours. I typed it in Corel WordPerfect and coverted it to M$Word. Then i accidentally converted it back to Corel WP (all the same file). Therefore, i lots all formatting and almost all the text. The files (pascal.doc and pascal.wpd), if converted to text, show all the text i typed, only with a whole lot of gibberish. M$Word and WP don't show anything except an incomplete first page. I tried converting around formats, nothing helped.

My question is, is it possible to somehow recover what i typed? Any way? I have restarted since (had to), running WinXP Pro.

PLEASE Help if you can, i would kill myself before i rewrote the whole thing (and removing the gibberish from the text/inserting correct formatting would also take hours)... i really appreaciate any help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    try opening the file in notepad and setting it a basix unicode text and see what happens.

If not try a hex editor.

or post the file here so peopl can have a whack at it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Thx for the help guys

@4play: I'm not sure what you mean about Basix Unicode... and i tried opening it with ResHacker and it didn't work... am i missing something?

@balamm: Big thx, ERP is a great prog too bad it didn't help... it only recovered the same page that i can now display in Word... also i couldn't use the Word Repair thing 'cause my file is actually saved in WordPerfect format, so it didn't work.

But anyway, i still have all today to study so i guess i'll just memorize everything... it's not very hard, anyway. (when i posted my first post i was just really frustrated but now it doesn't seem all that bad).