Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better Soundin Music Videos

Question ... what program could I use to take the ssound from a music video and replace it with a better sounding quality (the same song obviously). Basically if you have a music video, say Korn... the sound is crappy but the video is good and you want to replace the crappy sound with an mp3 of the song what could u use??? I have Sound Forge 6 and I know somewhere on there it said something about doing this, can I ??? If so, what else do I need to download or install, codec or anything....
    Thanx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Any software that can encode to mpeg-1(or mpeg-2)will do this since the process joins a video file with a separate audio file.

The process and software tips are explained at the dvdrhelp.com site.

Read this thread for the fundamentals.

Hope that helps. Let us know how it turns out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I'll check it out, thanx...do u know if this will also be helpful in removing the music from it before actually adding the new better soundin music also??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    When encoding, the software should allow you to select any audio file to join with the video file.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The site is HUGE !!!!! Im on a 56k it's gonna take a while to look around and figure it out...know of any programs that I can dl while I check it out that can do this???

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I've only tried TMPGEnc for the actual encoding. It will allow you to select the audio source you desire. You can download a trial version at the DVDRhelp site. There's a verified hash posted elsewhere on this forum for the full version.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster

hi there !
    i don't think any software can make Korn sound better.
    (only jokin&#39 assuming your talking about lip-sync and not live music soma. if not the video/audio will be out of sync on playback. i've done a lot of this stuff using Adobe Premiere 6.5 and Sonic Foundry Vegas Video 4+DVD. you simply drop your video into the timeline and extract audio. once this is done, import the audio from cd or where ever and export as vcd/svcd/dvd and so on. it works brilliantly on crusty old sixties video's, so your stuff should sound great!
    regards
    m8t

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I'm talkin bout the overall quality such as the kbps. I can listen to some videos but I have to turn the volume way up and it's all scratchy soundin and and then when my next music video comes up BOOM!!! there goes my ear drums...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster

hello soma !
    this problem is solved in the video editing process !
    you can have ALL your video's on the same volume level as you do the editing. you can include dynamic drums if needed. reverb if needed echo if needed and so on.
    regards
    m8t

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    how and with what can i do this with???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast