Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Caught For Sharing Movies

How do you guys never get caught for sharing new movies. I shared Austin Power Goldmember for like 3 weeks and bang* Comcast sends me a email to take it down from my shared folder or they'll cut my internet connection.

Anyone else gets emails like this?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    bang* Comcast? Im guessing thats your isp, although I highly doubt the realness of the email in question. Typically the isp's dont send out emails about files traded over isp's I mean...maybe yours did, but these emails typically turn out to be fake. You mind posting what the email said?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    i wouldnt mind but i deleted it. I m pretty sure its real though cause they called me and they sent a email. I knoe one person in my school who got the same email.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Jeez...thats a pretty damn strict isp you got there.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    how come its always the noobs that get this email. im sharing about 30 films and have been for a lot longer than 3 weeks and BAM nuffin

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Good point, ive been sharing files since before Napster and nothing like this ever happened to me. But then again my isp has always been verylax. Some crack down harder than others.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    i just think if they wanted to bust people they would just come in here or somewhere like here somehow get all our ip and bust us all or at least people with more than 1 movie if ya know what i mean. its not like we hide

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    yeahz same here man, i been sharing since napster, and all my isp's dont give a shit, and btw, how would they know your sharing it ?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Eghh...they have lots of different utilities to detect whether you're using a p2p program or what not, I actually dont know their exact method, but bump this post sometime tommorow afternoon, that way some of the real gurus can give you a straight answer.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    hmmz.. well im on dialup so its prolly harder for them to get that utility to detect if im using it yeah ? .. since the ip changes all the time. ( u can get a prog to change you ip with cable + adslo also yeh ? )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast