Thread: Playing Large Movie Files

I have been watching movies on my computer for awhile now and have tried all the different ways to set up my players. I believe I have it set up the way it should be (k-lite pack - Divx player - WMP - BSplayer)

But no matter what I try, when I download a large file (600 - 800) the ones with the whole movie in one file, It will lag on my computer. And will always be trying to catch up to itself (freezing then jumping..Again and again). I thought maybe a newer version of WMP would help so I downloaded WMP9, It wouldn't even play it (and I don't trust them so I removed it)

Does anyone else have this problem? I have no problems with split movie files its just the big ones and I want to figure this out because I like the quality of the larger files.

Thanks for any help !!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Your PC might be too slow. If that is the case, try VideoLAN as a player. Many people with older machines report good playback with VideoLAN.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I'll try that, thanks.

If you think of anything else it could be let me know ok? I really want to grt the large files working!!

Thanks

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I thought maybe a newer version of WMP would help so I downloaded WMP9, It wouldn't even play it (and I don't trust them so I removed it)
    If you can't use system restore that is a bitch to get rid off