Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isohunt down! :(

kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Was just browsing through Digg, when I saw that Isohunt server's were down. Apparently their ISP in the US, took their data offline w/out any warning or anything.

Update, Jan. 16, 2007
    Lawyers from our primary ISP decided to pull our plug without any advance notice, as of 14:45 PST. No doubt related to our lawsuit brought by the MPAA, but we don't have more information at this time until people responsible comes to work tomorrow. We will be back in operation once we sort out this mess with our current ISP, or we get new hardware ready at our new ISP.

Sit back and enjoy the rest of the internet in the mean time, while it last. For your torrent searching needs, try Google for now by searching for "SEARCH TERMS ext:torrent".
    We'll update on this page when we have more information. If you wish to help us out financially, you can donate via Paypal from the button below. Due to prior dis-taste from certain individuals taking donations for their legal defense and run however, this is not a legal defense fund. Your donations will be used for the operational costs of our servers and development of our websites. You have our sincere thanks.
    Source: Isohunt

I hope they get back up soon because they had the best search engine for torrents..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    EFS's Avatar Beckham Is The King BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Yes I agree with you and I hope that too

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Sounds like they are planning on being back up within the week.
    Possibly even tomorrow.

Update, Jan. 17

12:45 PST - IH
    We are moving house. If the tubes run smoothly, we expect to be back in full swing tomorrow.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Errrrr...Hope all will be well.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    sad news

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    I wish a quick return

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    3 Wheels Of Tazio's Avatar Who Needs Wheels?
    I wish a quick return
    Couldn't have said it better, i never realised how much i actually use that place until i was trying to find something and it wasn't there.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    ahh a junk site anyway, there are lots of other and better(in many ways) public trackers. but i appreciate their fight against the evil MPAA.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Member BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    sad news

I hope they get back up soon

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Wow, I just found out about this yesterday when I tried to go on their site for a file I couldn't find anywhere else. IsoHunt was my fav public search. =( They've been very awesome in the past fighting the MPAA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast