Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Cooling

Hi

about a month ago i built a new pc for one of my friends. The problem was that it kept overheating and crashing. (Its an athlon XP 2400+) So i asked you guys how to sort it out.

You came up with the solution to get good thermal compound and a large heatsink and fan... So that is what i got and i fittted this for him.

His system works perfectly now as it doesnt overheat anymore or crash out. But now he has come back to me saying hes still not happy. So im like well it cant b crashing or overheating coz i sorted that. He sed no no no thats all fine its running perfectly. So i ask him what the problem is and he replies with i dont like using it anymore coz now it is too loud.

So now he wants me to take out all the fans and put in water cooling instead as it is much much quieter...

So what im asking is what are good parts or kits that i need that will cool it down sufficently plus make it quite quiet?

Im in the UK so could u put prices and stuff in £sterling plz

thx for your help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Think it's going to cost $200-400USD. Is your friend up for that? And if it messes up, it fucks everything. And it's recommended to change the solution 1-2 a year. I'd probably look for quieter fans w/speed controls first. Then pad the case. And or get a new quiet case. Also some PSU are the real noise problem. GL. Let us know what you choose to do.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Water cooling is expensive.
    Maybe this can help?
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=31&t=31516

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Or u could just get a better heat sink and fan, this place has a good selection and some completely silent ones:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Onl..._Coolers_1.html

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    he defo wants the water cooling. Mainly to be able to say 2 people i got water cooled pc. Hes not 2 bothered abt how much it will cost and he's adament to get it installed...

So yea thats what he wants NO FANS.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Sorry but he sounds like an idiot with too much money.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by zapjb@20 May 2003 - 21:56
    Sorry but he sounds like an idiot with too much money.
    Must be aiming for a hell of a status them - IMO that applies to all the Top 100 richest people in the world?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    He is an idiot that THINKS he has 2 much money. But anyway i still gotta put this in.

So any1 got any ideas of good kits or components?

He also wants to keep his case and everything else but just take away the fans and have water cooling.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BTW be ready to lose a friend & or be sued by him over this project. Even expert installs of wc fuck up. Get a written release from him releasing you from being responsible. Just my 2 cents. CYA.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Fasttracker A
    Pick up a copy of maximum Pc ,magazine that is .

They allways have the best water cooling systems and on the last page they have the rig of the month.A real fancy Pc with all the bells and whistles.
    Or take a look at their online website.
    Thats the best advice you can get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast