Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ThePlace.BZ Dead?

kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    im not sure about custom servers, but i think you should connect to theplace's server.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Hi Guys
    I am also a Telefonica subscriber with the same problem as the rest of you guys in spain. I know for sure that my ratio in theplace is good and I also know that I have not broken any rules. So I am certain that there is a problem for all spanish members of theplace logging in, however I am not sure that the fault is with theplace I think it may be with telefonica as I cant seem to open any web sites that have a .bz domain name.
    If Any of you other telefonica subscribers could let me know if you can open any .bz domains it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Mesmer.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ohh yes mesmer, thats the point, i cant open any .bz web..

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    sorry Jaits, ive got some problems

now with different dns theplace load, but my account is disabled ¿?, I connect to irc but i cant enter to any channel, did you know what is the problem? (my account is this same nick, Kersh )

thanks for all =)

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Ey Kersh what DNS are you using now?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    kersh is banned...

@kersh: ghost d/ling isnt allowed on our servers as it is a form of cheaing... better luck next time

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    OK, now I have changed my DNS to the Orange ones:

And Theplace.bz works fine for me: the problem: My account has been disabled.

Reason? Maybe because I registered in other trackers. And I did it because it was impossible for spanish users to get into theplace.bz for more than 1 month (and i though it was going to be forever). I had a very good ratio in there, was a donator, contributor and reasonably active in the community (IRC+forums). And lately this new year I've gotten a new 1Mb upload connection, is there any possibility to get back with my account?

Regards,
    SirLouen

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sorry for that

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Hi- I was a member of theplace.bz who donated, participated in forums, and was involved in group buys. I loved the community tremendously and felt like I was a part of something special. My home internet was down because I couldn't afford it, so I didn't sign in for a long time. About a week before I knew I was going to get my home internet reinstated, I signed in from my work computer to see what new torrents were posted. I had no problem signing in. Then when I got my home internet put back on, I went to sign in and my account was disabled. After reading this thread, I'm wondering if this doesn't have something to do with singing on to look around from work, as it's a different IP. I at no time downloaded any torrents from my work computer. If I unintentionally broke any IP rule, pleaes note it was unintentional and that I belong at theplace.bz, and was a good member. Mind you, I'm only guessing why I was disabled, but would appreciate some clarification, but not as much as I would appreciate being reinstated. I promise to only sign in from my home computer. I didn't realize it was a problem. Sorry. Would it be possible for me to be let back on? Thanks, Letchfield

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    u should go to irc.theplace.bz and speak to an operator and he will sort u out

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast