Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CBB racism row

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    It is an excuse if the person who said it is so thick that they didn't realise that what they said is a racist comment. Which is what I meant.

Like, if Jade Goodey had heard had heard a group of black men calling each other niggers and the next time she was talking to a black bloke who said something she didn't agree with, she said 'Whatever, you stupid nigger'.

If she truly didn't know that this was offensive and racist and, when it was explained to her, she was genuinely remorseful and didn't ever do it again, then she's excused.

A genuine mistake is absolutely fine and forgivable - happening to be stupid and knowingly abusing a person in a racial manner is, of course, not.
    my comment pwned yours and yours. even barbie agreed, and he's a cunt
    I can't really remember your comment in detail but I remember at the time thinking it was pish but not being arsed to contradict it because it was only you.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #102
    cracka
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

3. Lounge   -   #103
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i saw some clips on the news

i don't think it's racism, even with all the racism

racism is prejudice against someone because of their race. using racial slurs against an individual because you hate them is just being a cunt
    bump

4. Lounge   -   #104
    :fixed:

No more BBC or CBB
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

5. Lounge   -   #105
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    My co-worker made me laugh today. She had a customer who accused her of being rascist because his credit card wouldnt go through, his fault because he wasn't giving her the right number. He told her that she wasn't it letting go through because he was black. She said "Sir, I'm Black. Now could you repeat your number for me." She's not. I pissed myself laughing.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

6. Lounge   -   #106
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Right, enough pish. Being stupid and ignorant is not an excuse for racist comments. Neither is it an excuse for shouting abuse at people, or bullying them.

Yeah, the BNP can't really be chastised for racism, FFS the rank and file aren't that bright so how should they know better. They aren't racist they are just ignorant.

When did that type of thinking become acceptable.

This Goody person is a cretin who has become famous for what, being a cretin. What does that say for the society in which we live.
    It is an excuse if the person who said it is so thick that they didn't realise that what they said is a racist comment. Which is what I meant.

Like, if Jade Goodey had heard had heard a group of black men calling each other niggers and the next time she was talking to a black bloke who said something she didn't agree with, she said 'Whatever, you stupid nigger'.

If she truly didn't know that this was offensive and racist and, when it was explained to her, she was genuinely remorseful and didn't ever do it again, then she's excused.

A genuine mistake is absolutely fine and forgivable - happening to be stupid and knowingly abusing a person in a racial manner is, of course, not.
    So if someone is brought up thinking that abusing people based on their race is OK, then that's fine. They are allowed to do it. We've decided that personal responsibility for one's actions is no longer required.

Again I must have missed the memo.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. Lounge   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
    :fixed:

No more BBC or CBB
    GENIUS!!!
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

8. Lounge   -   #108

racism is prejudice against someone because of their race. using racial slurs against an individual because you hate them is just being a cunt
    bump
    I'm sorry but isn't using racial slurs being racist.

9. Lounge   -   #109
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    bump
    I'm sorry but isn't using racial slurs being racist.
    exactly.
    Last edited by Alien5; 01-19-2007 at 12:10 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4

bump
    I agree with manker, that really is pish.

If I think someone is a cunt it's Ok for me to say "you're a cunt". It is not OK for me to say "you're a black cunt". That suggests that being black is also a bad thing.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast