Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: b'iraq hussain osama is a terrorist!!1!

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    i wonder if it has more to do with youtube than obamas camp
    In what way?

Do you mean the debunking of the story?

Not quite sure what you are getting at. Could you explain please.
    without tivo and youtube, faux can pretty much get away with this. all there was before, was people saying "did you see...". not particularly effective

now though, within an hour of bullshit being aired it's doing the rounds of viral video. faux can't twist the context or rely on it going away when they ignore criticism. if you know what i mean

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    notforlong's Avatar Quality Control Mgr.
    I think (or at least it appears) you missed the sarcastic nature of the thread/post here.

Democratic candidates running...."look!!!!!!!!! a liberal/terrorist/smoker/drug addict that's trying to cover up his past (even though it's in his book)..................And despite there being no evidence apart from some right wing "whisper story" to confirm this we are saying that he is being smeared by another democratic candidate"

repub candidates running......." this is great news............Applause".............

Quote Originally Posted by me
    I can't spot any difference at all
    I guess I needed a smiley

I could have posted the long interview they did where the repub says he's running on a "common sense agenda".....(can't find it now )...... to which the interviewer responded "you say common sense agenda but isn't a common sense agenda really a different way of saying a conservative agenda".
    I think I remember reading that your favorite candidate is Democrat Bill Richardson, who seems to be a favorite at Fox news.

Maybe you hadn't noticed this.

The other Democrats probably rate the treatment you have seen because they don't like Fox and can't be bothered to make themselves available for interviews, etc.

Republicans appear on Fox because they are treated fairly there.

It looks that way to me, anyway.
    Stupid is as stupid does, but you already knew that, didn't you?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by notforlong View Post

I think I remember reading that your favorite candidate is Democrat Bill Richardson, who seems to be a favorite at Fox news.

Maybe you hadn't noticed this.

The other Democrats probably rate the treatment you have seen because they don't like Fox and can't be bothered to make themselves available for interviews, etc..
    Obama ( the inspiration of this thread) has been a regular on fox. As for the other democratic members they appear on fox as often as any other station...

Quote Originally Posted by notforlong View Post
    Republicans appear on Fox because they are treated fairly there.

It looks that way to me, anyway.
    Treated fairly or treated with kid gloves? I mean do they get the hard questions thrown at them?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    without tivo and youtube, faux can pretty much get away with this. all there was before, was people saying "did you see...". not particularly effective

now though, within an hour of bullshit being aired it's doing the rounds of viral video. faux can't twist the context or rely on it going away when they ignore criticism. if you know what i mean
    Got you.

Yes I think that without the "net" they probably wouldn't make any corrections at all, even then some of the opinion shows like hannity and O'reilly will put a false statement out and not correct it.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I think (or at least it appears) you missed the sarcastic nature of the thread/post here.

Democratic candidates running...."look!!!!!!!!! a liberal/terrorist/smoker/drug addict that's trying to cover up his past (even though it's in his book)..................And despite there being no evidence apart from some right wing "whisper story" to confirm this we are saying that he is being smeared by another democratic candidate"

repub candidates running......." this is great news............Applause".............
    No I didn't miss it at all. What gave you the impression?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    [
    Odd that you overlook the fact this story arises due to the efforts of the Clinton campaign, which, by the way, becomes official today (I suppose she figured that if she was going to start nuking prospective opponents, she'd better come clean about her own intentions, huh?).

Or do you suppose Hillary has become a functionary of the evil FOXNEWS network?
    "Oh we never said it was a fact.....we were just reporting a story that someone else printed"
    [youtube]jBVMcLhx6DI[/youtube]

it's called Fauxnews for a reason

Man, they suck. I mean not just cuz of their shit "reporting" but they just....suck in general.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

No I didn't miss it at all. What gave you the impression?
    Your reply quoting me

If you did get it and I read your reply other than the way you meant it to read then no worries.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    CNN debunks false report about Obama
    POSTED: 5:43 p.m. EST, January 22, 2007

JAKARTA, Indonesia (CNN) -- Allegations that Sen. Barack Obama was educated in a radical Muslim school known as a "madrassa" are not accurate, according to CNN reporting.

Insight Magazine, which is owned by the same company as The Washington Times, reported on its Web site last week that associates of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-New York, had unearthed information the Illinois Democrat and likely presidential candidate attended a Muslim religious school known for teaching the most fundamentalist form of Islam.

Obama lived in Indonesia as a child, from 1967 to 1971, with his mother and step-father and has acknowledged attending a Muslim school, but an aide said it was not a madrassa.

Insight attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton." A spokesman for Clinton, who is also weighing a White House bid, denied that the campaign was the source of the Obama claim.

He called the story "an obvious right-wing hit job."

Insight stood by its story in a response posted on its Web site Monday afternoon.

The Insight article was cited several times Friday on Fox News and was also referenced by the New York Post, The Glenn Beck program on CNN Headline News and a number of political blogs.
    School not a madrassa

But reporting by CNN in Jakarta, Indonesia and Washington, D.C., shows the allegations that Obama attended a madrassa to be false. CNN dispatched Senior International Correspondent John Vause to Jakarta to investigate.

He visited the Basuki school, which Obama attended from 1969 to 1971.

"This is a public school. We don't focus on religion," Hardi Priyono, deputy headmaster of the Basuki school, told Vause. "In our daily lives, we try to respect religion, but we don't give preferential treatment."

Vause reported he saw boys and girls dressed in neat school uniforms playing outside the school, while teachers were dressed in Western-style clothes.

"I came here to Barack Obama's elementary school in Jakarta looking for what some are calling an Islamic madrassa ... like the ones that teach hate and violence in Pakistan and Afghanistan," Vause said on the "Situation Room" Monday. "I've been to those madrassas in Pakistan ... this school is nothing like that."

Vause also interviewed one of Obama's Basuki classmates, Bandug Winadijanto, who claims that not a lot has changed at the school since the two men were pupils. Insight reported that Obama's political opponents believed the school promoted Wahhabism, a fundamentalist form of Islam, "and are seeking to prove it."

"It's not (an) Islamic school. It's general," Winadijanto said. "There is a lot of Christians, Buddhists, also Confucian. ... So that's a mixed school."

The Obama aide described Fox News' broadcasting of the Insight story "appallingly irresponsible."

Fox News executive Bill Shine told CNN "Reliable Sources" anchor Howard Kurtz that some of the network's hosts were simply expressing their opinions and repeatedly cited Insight as the source of the allegations.

Obama has noted in his two books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," that he spent two years in a Muslim school and another two years in a Catholic school while living in Indonesia from age 6 to 10.
    source

video here
    I liked the little dig by Wolf Blitzer right at the beginning when he said that "CNN did what any serious news organization is supposed to do in this kind of a situation actually investigate and learn the facts"

[youtube]H5PXsq71eMg[/youtube]
    Last edited by vidcc; 01-23-2007 at 01:43 AM. Reason: youtube added

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    kicker of elves
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Odd that you overlook the fact this story arises due to the efforts of the Clinton campaign...
    It looks like Fox News has fooled you again.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    kicker of elves
    Looks like this bit of news has already made it to snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast