Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opera Vs Internet Explorer

I'm curios to know your opinion,i use internet explorer and i want to change my browser.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    on my old computer, i used to like opera a lot cos it was much quicker..but on a faster computer, it wouldnt make much difference.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I use Opera7.03 wo/java (didn't like 7.10) 90% & IE6 10%. For me (56k dialup) Opera is 2-5x faster than IE. I use my own plugins java (Java 2 runtime environment SE v1.4.1_02, download manager (Star Downloader) & email client (Eudora). Opera by far is the best & lightest browser @ 3.25MB. IMHO anyways. Still need IE though lots of programs are IE dependent like KL & Windows update to name 2.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Opera

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Opera is a little faster and has something called mouse gestures that are very addictive.
    But overall I have found opera to be lacking.
    I'd have to say that 2 in every 10 websites won't work properly with opera.
    Including this one!
    If these probs with opera could be fixed I would make it my default browser.

One more thing.
    Microsoft trys Very Hard to make shure that their browser is the only browser used!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Opera is faster in downloading images and stuff on webpages. It also has a bunch of other actions you cant do in IE like zooming in on a webpage(images and everything), cycle a different homepage everytime u open, etc.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Lord of the KLF
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@8 May 2003 - 08:42
    Opera is a little faster and has something called mouse gestures that are very addictive.
    But overall I have found opera to be lacking.
    I'd have to say that 2 in every 10 websites won't work properly with opera.
    Including this one!
    If these probs with opera could be fixed I would make it my default browser.

One more thing.
    Microsoft trys Very Hard to make shure that their browser is the only browser used!!
    im using opera and this site works fine with it..... im not sure wot ur talking about really...

if u mean quicklinks then that takes a few seconds to solve

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I think opera is great. Getting websites through my uni proxy is so much faster with opera than IE (and my computer is pretty fast). I definitely agree about the mouse gestures thing as well, they're brilliant, oh and opera is much more customisable than IE. But there are far too many sites out there that you just can't access.
    How do u solve the quicklinks problem?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    What's up with "which is best"? I use IE,Opera and Firebird (a lightweight Mozilla clone). XP has even quit asking about a "default browser". Opera is much faster than IE but it's also very unforgiving about crappy code.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast