Thread: bestofdata seedbox speed question

Super Seed Me Please BT Rep: +5
    well i broke down and decided to get a seedbox; after looking for a while I thought bestofdata had the best deal.

anyways the speeds are great both upload and download on utorrent problem is speed are horrible to me. i set up an ftp and tried other ways of sending files to my self and i cannot get over 15k a sec (most of the time even lower). i understand they are in france and im in u.s. but i didnt expect to get full speed but something a little faster then this!

anyways i did not know which forum to post this in so move accordingly.

i was wondering if anyone else uses bestofdata and is from u.s. what kind of speed do you get to your self? thank you!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    dont do best of data they are banning boxes with torrents on them, you can get one tho and run encryption but this is not proved to protect.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    They usually do a search for rar'd files apparently so i think they do actually search your Hard drive. Torrents is no longer good on bod. Although lots of people still use it and have not got caught lucky them!!!!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Few things, I do not believe that they will search your HDs unless they have a reasonable amount of proof that you are using it for filesharing...

Now for FTP find a FTP program that allows multithreaded downloads, cute-ftp does have this feature..

the problem is that crossing the atlantic they limit individual connections because of pressure from their bandwidth providers... so you will find that your transatlantic connections are gonna be kinda lame, nothing you can do about this... just multithread the transfer as much as you can and squeeze the most you can...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ChairmanOfTheBoard BT Rep: +1
    BoD also caps your speed during certain hours... so thats why you are getting shit speeds

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    safa's Avatar ® BT Rep: +1
    As zeustke165 said all BOD traffic to the States is horribly slow and wont be fixed, get another sever elsewhere.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Youll find most connections from US (or that side of the world)
    to euro (or that side of the world) will suck no matter which hosting company you use.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Super Seed Me Please BT Rep: +5
    Well like I said I didnt expect to get full speed; just not 1% of my speed LOL.

Yeah I heard about bestofdata closing account because of torrents use but I already signed up after I found out. Oh well...