Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The first black Super Bowl coach

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Tbh, most of my coworkers are black and while we are happy about it (the wins)....that's really the extent of it. I wouldn't go as so far as to say that we have this euphoria of black pride but we did root for Indy and Da Bears cuz of the black coaches.
    Would you imagine your view of things (which I would regard as perfectly appropriate, not that what I think matters, mind) to be typical among blacks?

Do you agree that the media is overdoing it, by dint of their repetitiveness, if nothing else?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    The media is all over this and will ring it right to the end, right untill the Bears hold up the prize!!!

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Tbh, most of my coworkers are black and while we are happy about it (the wins)....that's really the extent of it. I wouldn't go as so far as to say that we have this euphoria of black pride but we did root for Indy and Da Bears cuz of the black coaches.
    Would you imagine your view of things (which I would regard as perfectly appropriate, not that what I think matters, mind) to be typical among blacks?

Do you agree that the media is overdoing it, by dint of their repetitiveness, if nothing else?
    Yes and to your second, not really.

I watch Jim Rome, PTI, and the news and probably haven't seen it as bad as you have.

Each show that I've seen has brought it up and then moved on.

Bringing up that Lovie is the first is just dumb. If I had seen that then my answer would have changed.

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    snowultra's Avatar Member
    this couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. dungy will be one of the best coaches to ever coach the game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123