Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norton Removal Tool for Windows

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Norton Removal Tool will remove a failed installation or a damaged Norton product.

Norton Removal Tool has the following other editions available: Norton Removal Tool for Windows 98/Me.

Source: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...a/1169144666/1
    Homepage: http://service1.symantec.com/support...hm&lg=en&ct=us

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    I suppose this is great tool ?

Thank you, Symantec..couldnt have asked for anything better. When I stopped using a Symantec product, Norton Antivirus 2003 (in 2003), I thought 4 years would be a good time for a company to revamp its product. So last week, I tried installing Norton Antivirus 2007. My dual-core system came to a grinding halt, infact I felt safer not having Norton on my system, I could deal with viruses, but I cant deal with loads of badly written bloated crapware. I feel sorry for the retards who still use these products. No Norton for me ever!

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I suppose this is great tool ?

Thank you, Symantec..couldnt have asked for anything better. When I stopped using a Symantec product, Norton Antivirus 2003 (in 2003), I thought 4 years would be a good time for a company to revamp its product. So last week, I tried installing Norton Antivirus 2007. My dual-core system came to a grinding halt, infact I felt safer not having Norton on my system, I could deal with viruses, but I cant deal with loads of badly written bloated crapware. I feel sorry for the retards who still use these products. No Norton for me ever!
    exactly...
    the only norton product i use is Ghost and rest are no-good.
    they say it takes ages to build something but it takes a sec to destroy it but in case of Norton Crap ware its opposite, it takes few mins to install but it will never uninstall and a failed attempt to uninstall will result in not being able to uninstall it on next try not to mention that most of the time behind uninstalling these craps are some virus which target norton products whom disable their use.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    LOL if you think Norton's bad, best not go anywhere near Panda or McAfee then.

Symantec/Norton have had removal tools available on the site for years; I keep one on my USB stick so it's always handy.
    I find it doesn't remove everything though; the \user\application directories aren't deleted and Symantec registry entries still abound.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Any one ever try using the corporate edition, it's been the same for years cuase its perfect. Does everything their bulky software does, without the bulkyness and crappyness

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    Any one ever try using the corporate edition, it's been the same for years cuase its perfect. Does everything their bulky software does, without the bulkyness and crappyness

Probably the only one I would use , Symantic Security Client Corp. 3.0 wasn't too bad just a resourse hog and kills your start up time .

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Not since it missed 6 trojans on each of three computers I looked at last year, no.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    I use the x64 Corp version and it's fine, no slow start ups and does it's job.

Fine for me.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    A State of Trance BT Rep: +2
    Norton blows.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    I've used Norton for some years now. I've heard this one over and over again, that it sucks. However I'm not familiar with the other Antivira programs so what would you do if you were a noob on this things?
    I need a program that is easy and not to difficult to work with.
    ...Okey I'm not a newbi' on computers - but on Antivirus-program...
    What is the easiest program?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast