Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FTP Apps

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Ah, so it's not exactly what one commonly calls an "ftp client" then.

Thanks for that

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Ah, so it's not exactly what one commonly calls an "ftp client" then.

Thanks for that
    To call Dreamweaver just a web development application is silly. It does soooo much more than that.

It is also an FTP Client, and referring to the program as such is not odd or nonsensical. It's actually the FTP client in the profession of web design.

It also has a CSS panel.

It also has unlimited drag/drop capabilities whereas most other clients will only allow you to do so within the local or remote views. Let's not forget about instant previews of your web page to be, so no switching between pages with constant refreshing.

You can work with other essential programs seemlessly as well - Fireworks, Flash, etc.

If you have to look it up in Wiki, then you just don't know squat about the program, so why even comment?
    Last edited by Skizo; 02-27-2007 at 08:35 PM.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I still wouldn't consider dreamweaver an excellent ftp client like any of the others mentioned. I don't know why people carry on about how great it is i really dont think its worth the £330 price tag when tools like html kit are just as good and free.

I know its a bit rich saying it costs £330 on a filesharing forum but if you are going to use it in a business enviroment you will need to pay for it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    I still wouldn't consider dreamweaver an excellent ftp client like any of the others mentioned. I don't know why people carry on about how great it is i really dont think its worth the £330 price tag when tools like html kit are just as good and free.

I know its a bit rich saying it costs £330 on a filesharing forum but if you are going to use it in a business enviroment you will need to pay for it.
    I have used several other utilities out there (free and "free"), but nothing imo has comes to DW's UI and versatilty.

I cannot speak for html kit though, as I've never used it.

When I was designing websites, I would forked over the cash if needed to in a sec.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    It probably more to do with the fact adobe are selling dreamweaver to americans at $399 while it works out we are paying $650 here in the uk. Its the same with vista as well. i have no idea how the justify the markup though.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    To call Dreamweaver just a web development application is silly. It does soooo much more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adobe Website
    Dreamweaver 8 is the industry-leading web development tool, enabling users to efficiently design, develop and maintain standards-based websites and applications.
    The examples you give to attempt to support your argument are all facets of web development!

It should be no surprise that Dreamweaver works seamlessly with Fireworks and Flash... these were all originally Macromedia products!!!

It is also an FTP Client, and referring to the program as such is not odd or nonsensical. It's actually the FTP client in the profession of web design.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    It has a built in ftp function that alows you to sync the files you have locally with remote files as well.
    Not quite the same thing, is it

If you have to look it up in Wiki, then you just don't know squat about the program, so why even comment?
    I didn't have to look it up in Wiki, I pointed you in the direction of that article to support my argument that you are a moron.

The one thing we can agree on though, is that Dreamweaver is a good product.

It's not however, what I would choose to use, if I wanted an FTP client application. Personally, I like the FireFTP add-in in Firefox.

Lets leave it at that.

Since you're such a big fan of Wiki, here's another article for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FTP_clients

Can't see Dreamweaver mentioned here, either.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Weakest .
    Argument.
    Ever.

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Agreed. You need to try to up your game a little bit. Beating you is embarrassingly easy

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Weakest .
    Argument.
    Ever.
    Seriously, why are you a mod? Somebody makes some pretty damn valid points and all you have in return is a paraphrased Simpsons quote but no actual points to invalidate anything Barbie has said. I'd say your post was also the most ironic made.

It's pretty damn embarrassing to be sure, especially considering you're supposed to be a mod. Please, if you don't know the answers to questions or you're not quite sure then please don't attempt to help people, you'll do more damage than good (both to the person in need of help and the forum's "reputation"). Stick to counting or something else more your level.

On-topic: I use FireFTP as well, sorted.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 03-01-2007 at 10:45 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    Weakest .
    Argument.
    Ever.
    It's pretty damn embarrassing to be sure, especially considering you're supposed to be a mod. Please, if you don't know the answers to questions or you're not quite sure then please don't attempt to help people...
    I did know an answer, and gave a valid one. Period. Then along come the trolls...

Your post here is just that as well as Barb's. It serves no other purpose here other than to rod.

And this....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Agreed. You need to try to up your game a little bit. Beating you is embarrassingly easy
    Why not just say "I know you are, but what am I?" next time?

Get real, guys.

yo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast