Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: unable to remove icon

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Are you certain you clicked "fix checked" in hijackthis after marking the trend items?
    if so then they shouldn't reappear.
    try it one more time with hijckthis, reboot and run hijackthis again and see if they are still there.

If they reappear, (which i doubt)
    In start menu, goto run - then type in: services.msc
    scroll down to anything relating to TrendMicro, (they should have these words )
    Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv)
    Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw)
    Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy)
    Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom)

double click them
    and change
    startuptype: disabled
    service status : stop

reboot

then delete the files i said earlier
    then registry clean
    reboot
    Last edited by 100%; 01-26-2007 at 12:37 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Tony L's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I've done as you said above,i've disabled the 4 trend micro,rebooted and than ran registry done another hijackthis they were not in there.But still got the icon tried to remove in add and remove,came up with Internal error.
    2753.pcc.msi.dll.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post

Mate do u have full version of this software???

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by red devils View Post

Mate do u have full version of this software???
    Nope.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    red devil, i did have the full software than i decided to change it so i uninstalled it but for some reason it did not completely uninstall.
    It was still in my add and remove and also in my my programes.But for some reason it has left the trend micro icon where my external icon should be.And when i try to uninstall it it come up with the following below

internal error 2753.pcc.msi.dll.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    multiforce, i've tried gipo move on boot but when i try to transfer the icon because it my external icon than all my files are in it.As i said at the beginning of this thread that i i used gipo move on boot than i would lose all my programes.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony L View Post
    multiforce, i've tried gipo move on boot but when i try to transfer the icon because it my external icon than all my files are in it.As i said at the beginning of this thread that i i used gipo move on boot than i would lose all my programes.
    Sorry but I only posted the direct link because I thought you asked what to download. It was nothing more to the post than that.

The few times I've had to remove antivirus software to install another one, i just uninstall and run a regcleaner. I haven't really had any problems with it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony L View Post
    Sorry but I only posted the direct link because I thought you asked what to download. It was nothing more to the post than that.

The few times I've had to remove antivirus software to install another one, i just uninstall and run a regcleaner. I haven't really had any problems with it.
    thanks anyway, i'll see how i can get around it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/faq.asp (Zed mentions this)

have a look under uninstall there if you haven't gotten around to it, sometimes, for some AVs there's a trick to it.

I think norton or sth like that even had a piece of software you could download and use to uninstall borked norton installs.

Another tip might be for you to reinstall pc-cillin, and uninstall it again.

Sounds like something funky has happened to the registry, so regcleaning or correcting, possibly manually, is probably something that needs doing some more, seeing as how the icon isn't supposed to have owt at all to do with your external HD AFAIK.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    i've tried to reinstall trend micro but every time i try to it says that the older version needs to be uninstalled first.And i've done loads of regcleaner but it will not pick trend micro up,i;ve tried hijack this,that got rid of the 4 trend micro files that was there but not the icon itself. And as i said it wont allow me to remove it from add and remove it keeps om coming up with error.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast