Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: Catholic Church loses fight to discriminate ..

  1. #1

    Urgent

    The Catholic Church wants to discriminate against gay couples who want to use their adoption services, contrary to the law. They already discriminate against women, and cover up sexual abuse by gay clergy, but now they are bringing their prejudices out into the open.


    Cabinet rejects exemption on gay adoptions

    Compromise means Catholic church will not be given special treatment

    Will Woodward and Severin Carrell
    Thursday January 25, 2007
    The Guardian


    The Catholic church is almost certain to lose its battle for special treatment over gay adoption rules under a deal agreed by the cabinet to heal damaging divisions between senior ministers. Cabinet sources said the new proposals would require Catholic adoption agencies to consider gay couples - or close down - after a reasonable delay that would allow them to ensure that the children in their care are properly dealt with.

    Source

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    The Catholic Church wants to discriminate against gay couples who want to use their adoption services, contrary to the law. They already discriminate against women, and cover up sexual abuse by gay clergy, but now they are bringing their prejudices out into the open.


    Cabinet rejects exemption on gay adoptions

    Compromise means Catholic church will not be given special treatment

    Will Woodward and Severin Carrell
    Thursday January 25, 2007
    The Guardian


    The Catholic church is almost certain to lose its battle for special treatment over gay adoption rules under a deal agreed by the cabinet to heal damaging divisions between senior ministers. Cabinet sources said the new proposals would require Catholic adoption agencies to consider gay couples - or close down - after a reasonable delay that would allow them to ensure that the children in their care are properly dealt with.

    Source
    In my opinion the Church are correct in this one. I am not being homophobic about this as I am sure that there are plenty of 'Gay' couples who would look after adopted children in a proper manner.

    I am thinking about the children involved. The abuse the will receive at the school. Make no mistake, other children wont be long in telling and bullying them about their situation.

    Not least, if there is the chance that ONE child could be abused sexually through these adoptions, then that is one child too many.

    We are all aware, if not we should be, that paedophiles go out of their way to get in contact with children. Some become Scout Leaders, P.E. Teachers and Music Teachers, some even become Clergymen solely to feed their paedophilic desires.

    There has already been cases of children being molested by paedophilic foster parents. At the extreme I can see this as a chance to abuse children on a large, even an organized scale.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5109518.stm?ls

    As for the genuine gay couples who would make good parents. To them I say, tough. We are all suffering daily through the actions of minorities.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    The Catholic Church wants to discriminate against gay couples who want to use their adoption services
    Not exactly surprising is it, given that it is entirely consistent with the Churches dogma and teachings. I would be interested to see what position a Muslim adoption service would take, or indeed any adoption service which is linked to a specific Church.

    Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor wrote to the prime minister demanding an exemption for Catholic agencies on the grounds that to "oblige our agencies in law to consider adoption applications from homosexual couples as potential adoptive parents would require them to act against the principles of Catholic teaching". His stand was endorsed by the Anglican archbishops of Canterbury and York
    Any other stance would actually be a bit mental. "We believe that your lifestyle is wrong ... please have a child.". Nope don't see how that would work. It will be a shame when they are forced to close the agencies rather than compromise their beliefs.

    Oh and for the record, you missed out "and Anglican" when you posted who had requested the exemption.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    The Catholic Church wants to discriminate against gay couples who want to use their adoption services, contrary to the law. They already discriminate against women, and cover up sexual abuse by gay clergy, but now they are bringing their prejudices out into the open.


    Cabinet rejects exemption on gay adoptions

    Compromise means Catholic church will not be given special treatment

    Will Woodward and Severin Carrell
    Thursday January 25, 2007
    The Guardian


    The Catholic church is almost certain to lose its battle for special treatment over gay adoption rules under a deal agreed by the cabinet to heal damaging divisions between senior ministers. Cabinet sources said the new proposals would require Catholic adoption agencies to consider gay couples - or close down - after a reasonable delay that would allow them to ensure that the children in their care are properly dealt with.

    Source
    In my opinion the Church are correct in this one. I am not being homophobic about this as I am sure that there are plenty of 'Gay' couples who would look after adopted children in a proper manner.

    I am thinking about the children involved. The abuse the will receive at the school. Make no mistake, other children wont be long in telling and bullying them about their situation.

    Not least, if there is the chance that ONE child could be abused sexually through these adoptions, then that is one child too many.

    We are all aware, if not we should be, that paedophiles go out of their way to get in contact with children. Some become Scout Leaders, P.E. Teachers and Music Teachers, some even become Clergymen solely to feed their paedophilic desires.

    There has already been cases of children being molested by paedophilic foster parents. At the extreme I can see this as a chance to abuse children on a large, even an organized scale.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5109518.stm?ls

    As for the genuine gay couples who would make good parents. To them I say, tough. We are all suffering daily through the actions of minorities.
    What the fuck - you're not being homophobic? Yes, yes you are.

    People like you make me sick to my stomach, what on earth makes you think that a gay man (or woman) is more likely to molest a child than a heterosexual. Paedophiles aren't driven by a need to have sex, it's more to do with control and power over an individual - and susceptibility to this isn't the sole premis of homosexuals. In fact, it has nothing to do with sexuality.

    The only decent point you bring up is the fact that the child is more likely to be bullied because of their same sex adoptive parents. It's a shame, for sure, that children are less forgiving than most of us in this respect but maybe (especially with the gift of hindsight), that child will prefer to endure that than spend the rest of his or her childhood drifting from care-home to foster-home.

    The system is open to abuse from both homosexual and heterosexual couples - so if one child could be abused due to adoption schemes in the UK, should we stop all adoptions.

    Of course not. Your argument stinks.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

    In my opinion the Church are correct in this one. I am not being homophobic about this as I am sure that there are plenty of 'Gay' couples who would look after adopted children in a proper manner.

    I am thinking about the children involved. The abuse the will receive at the school. Make no mistake, other children wont be long in telling and bullying them about their situation.

    Not least, if there is the chance that ONE child could be abused sexually through these adoptions, then that is one child too many.

    We are all aware, if not we should be, that paedophiles go out of their way to get in contact with children. Some become Scout Leaders, P.E. Teachers and Music Teachers, some even become Clergymen solely to feed their paedophilic desires.

    There has already been cases of children being molested by paedophilic foster parents. At the extreme I can see this as a chance to abuse children on a large, even an organized scale.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5109518.stm?ls

    As for the genuine gay couples who would make good parents. To them I say, tough. We are all suffering daily through the actions of minorities.
    What the fuck - you're not being homophobic? Yes, yes you are.

    People like you make me sick to my stomach, what on earth makes you think that a gay man (or woman) is more likely to molest a child than a heterosexual. Paedophiles aren't driven by a need to have sex, it's more to do with control and power over an individual - and susceptibility to this isn't the sole premis of homosexuals. In fact, it has nothing to do with sexuality.

    The only decent point you bring up is the fact that the child is more likely to be bullied because of their same sex adoptive parents. It's a shame, for sure, that children are less forgiving than most of us in this respect but maybe (especially with the gift of hindsight), that child will prefer to endure that than spend the rest of his or her childhood drifting from care-home to foster-home.

    The system is open to abuse from both homosexual and heterosexual couples - so if one child could be abused due to adoption schemes in the UK, should we stop all adoptions.

    Of course not. Your argument stinks.

    I also think your argument stinks. It is not natural to have children brought up with two 'parents' who are of the same sex. I think there are few exceptions to this. Since when did stating your opinion become homophobic? I will RELUCTANTLY agree to this when all the other european countries comply with this ruling. I wonder how Italy stands on this ruling?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    What the fuck - you're not being homophobic? Yes, yes you are.

    People like you make me sick to my stomach, what on earth makes you think that a gay man (or woman) is more likely to molest a child than a heterosexual. Paedophiles aren't driven by a need to have sex, it's more to do with control and power over an individual - and susceptibility to this isn't the sole premis of homosexuals. In fact, it has nothing to do with sexuality.

    The only decent point you bring up is the fact that the child is more likely to be bullied because of their same sex adoptive parents. It's a shame, for sure, that children are less forgiving than most of us in this respect but maybe (especially with the gift of hindsight), that child will prefer to endure that than spend the rest of his or her childhood drifting from care-home to foster-home.

    The system is open to abuse from both homosexual and heterosexual couples - so if one child could be abused due to adoption schemes in the UK, should we stop all adoptions.

    Of course not. Your argument stinks.

    I also think your argument stinks. It is not natural to have children brought up with two 'parents' who are of the same sex. I think there are few exceptions to this. Since when did stating your opinion become homophobic? I will RELUCTANTLY agree to this when all the other european countries comply with this ruling. I wonder how Italy stands on this ruling?
    Stating your opinion becomes homophobic when the opinion stated is homophobic.

    FYI.


    I didn't realise that your agreement on a subject depended on whether all the other countries in Europe also agree to it. What kind of criteria is that? I normally make my mind up on something without having to wait for the likes of Albania to declare its stance.

    Btw, my argument isn't just that you're a homophobe (altho that is glaringly obvious) it's that same-sex parents are just as unlikely to abuse an adoptive child as male/female parents.

    My thoughts on the suitability of gay couples as adoptive parents wasn't mentioned. Don't know if you managed to glean that.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    Not exactly surprising is it, given that it is entirely consistent with the Churches dogma and teachings .....


    Any other stance would actually be a bit mental. "We believe that your lifestyle is wrong ... please have a child.". Nope don't see how that would work. It will be a shame when they are forced to close the agencies rather than compromise their beliefs.
    So the homophobic dogma of the catholic church is more important than finding a loving home for an orphaned or abandoned child?

    Just the sort of thing you'd expect from a church who would see millions die from AIDS rather than advise them to use condoms.

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post


    I also think your argument stinks. It is not natural to have children brought up with two 'parents' who are of the same sex. I think there are few exceptions to this. Since when did stating your opinion become homophobic? I will RELUCTANTLY agree to this when all the other european countries comply with this ruling. I wonder how Italy stands on this ruling?
    Stating your opinion becomes homophobic when the opinion stated is homophobic.

    FYI.


    I didn't realise that your agreement on a subject depended on whether all the other countries in Europe also agree to it. What kind of criteria is that? I normally make my mind up on something without having to wait for the likes of Albania to declare its stance.

    Btw, my argument isn't just that you're a homophobe (altho that is glaringly obvious) it's that same-sex parents are just as unlikely to abuse an adoptive child as male/female parents.

    My thoughts on the suitability of gay couples as adoptive parents wasn't mentioned. Don't know if you managed to glean that.
    Tell us your thoughts on the issue then. The reason I will hold back to see what other nations think is to get a consensus of opinion. You are just being pedantic when you suggest wait for Albania. If a consensus agrees with this ruling, then so shall I.

    I am sick fed up with this country rushing to adopt EU rules and suggestions. Especially when the majority of the 'laws' favour the minority rather than the majority. If I may go off thread a wee bit. It has just been announced in Scotland that Scottish prisoners are to be given 1000 each because their 'human rights' were violated when they were not allowed to vote in a Scottish election. What about the human rights of their victims?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Stating your opinion becomes homophobic when the opinion stated is homophobic.

    FYI.


    I didn't realise that your agreement on a subject depended on whether all the other countries in Europe also agree to it. What kind of criteria is that? I normally make my mind up on something without having to wait for the likes of Albania to declare its stance.

    Btw, my argument isn't just that you're a homophobe (altho that is glaringly obvious) it's that same-sex parents are just as unlikely to abuse an adoptive child as male/female parents.

    My thoughts on the suitability of gay couples as adoptive parents wasn't mentioned. Don't know if you managed to glean that.
    Tell us your thoughts on the issue then. The reason I will hold back to see what other nations think is to get a consensus of opinion. You are just being pedantic when you suggest wait for Albania. If a consensus agrees with this ruling, then so shall I.

    I am sick fed up with this country rushing to adopt EU rules and suggestions. Especially when the majority of the 'laws' favour the minority rather than the majority. If I may go off thread a wee bit. It has just been announced in Scotland that Scottish prisoners are to be given 1000 each because their 'human rights' were violated when they were not allowed to vote in a Scottish election. What about the human rights of their victims?


    If you're 'sick fed up' with this country adopting EU rules and suggestions, why are you eager to go with the ruling this time.

    Is it because you feel that the consensus will be to your liking.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,671
    @Bigboab your first argument shows sadly much naivety. I Never thought i would see you push this mentality.

    ..although indeed it is not "natural", in the extent of it is indeed not possible for the same sex to produce a child.

    the church is hereby discriminating against "love".

    we are far away from living in the Bush,
    please visit your local highway at around 4pm for "natural" confirmation.


    .
    Last edited by 100%; 01-25-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •