Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Have A Few Questions

What is the best virus program that I should download?

What is the best program to download to remove adware, spyware, etc.?

Can I burn any type of video file to a cd-r with Nero and it will still play on my dvd player? (im new to this, since im only use to burning mp3's)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Very Large Member
    1-AVG Antivirus is commonly used

2-AD-Aware 6 by Lavasoft

3-Look here

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by jay973@21 May 2003 - 05:12

2-AD-Aware 6 by Lavasoft

3-Look here
    thanks . I'm already using Ad-Aware 6 , so saves me a download, heh.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by jay973@21 May 2003 - 05:12
    I have never heard of this Antivirus. I have been using Norton with the whole System works program. I'll have to check it out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nortons Antivirus is by far the best. Adaware6.0 for spyware. Sleep easy...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Stick with the Norton.... And to simplify your DVD question....your DVD player must first be able to play either SVCD's and CD-R/CD-RW. If it can play one or the other, then your in luck. You can use Nero(with a MPeg-2 to SVCD add-on), which will convert your movies to a super video cd format. First you'll have to change your video format, which is most likely avi. But there's a catch.... An Avi file could be roughly around 690 megs...if this is the case, it could fit on the CD. However, when it is converted to MPeg-2, the file grows roughly in size to about 750-800 megs. So you'll have to use video editing software to "cut" the video in half. Then convert the two AVI's into Mpeg2 (Using an app, that I forget the name too). Then use nero, and presto.

Another thing...IF you have a dvd burner....It could be a different story, however, I don't believe that Just a DVD player could play burnt DVD +/DVD+- and DVD-. THough I'm not sure, I haven't done it.

And to be honest, they're could be an easier way to do the above....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Please, read this post.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Norton Anti-virus is the best

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Props022@21 May 2003 - 12:00
    Stick with the Norton.... And to simplify your DVD question....your DVD player must first be able to play either SVCD's and CD-R/CD-RW. If it can play one or the other, then your in luck. You can use Nero(with a MPeg-2 to SVCD add-on), which will convert your movies to a super video cd format. First you'll have to change your video format, which is most likely avi. But there's a catch.... An Avi file could be roughly around 690 megs...if this is the case, it could fit on the CD. However, when it is converted to MPeg-2, the file grows roughly in size to about 750-800 megs. So you'll have to use video editing software to "cut" the video in half. Then convert the two AVI's into Mpeg2 (Using an app, that I forget the name too). Then use nero, and presto.

Another thing...IF you have a dvd burner....It could be a different story, however, I don't believe that Just a DVD player could play burnt DVD +/DVD+- and DVD-. THough I'm not sure, I haven't done it.

And to be honest, they're could be an easier way to do the above....
    Thank you for that, that was very helpful. Yeah my dvd player plays CD-R CDRW, VCD and SVCDs, so I'm in luck. The only thing is I'm not burning movies. I just want to burn a few music video's I got from a site or television apparences that a favorite singer of mine was on. Do I still need to convert them to avi to work?

As for the Norton Antivirus, I am currently downloading that from Kazaa. Not sure what version, but right now anything will do since I haven't scanned my computer since I've had it (2 years) . I guess you can say lack of knowledge has prevented me from waiting so long.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    If you are going with Norton, maybe look at the System Works package. I like the clean sweep and win doctor util in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast