Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crysis hardware

BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    wich hardware specs would it take to run it perfectly and with the most quality that is possible to see on it?

2. Games   -   #2
    chip19's Avatar a chip off ol' death BT Rep: +4
    I don't think there is any way to tell at this point. It will require Direct X 10 (and thus Vista) to run as it was meant to. That said, the only DX10 cards out now are the highly expensive 8800's. It is unclear at this point if even those will be good enough.

Other than that, I'd say it would need 2GB Ram and either a 3ghz+ regular CPU or a 2ghz+ Core 2 Duo.

Again, the biggest thing is a DX10 card that will have enough video memory. The RAM and CPU shouldn't need to be above the ones I posted to get the maximum performance... those kind of specs shouldn't bottleneck a game at all. The video card is the biggest thing, and will likely be the most expensive thing.

I'm personally waiting for a budget DX10 card in order to play this and other future DX10 games. I refuse to spend $500+ on a video card, but I don't know about you.

By the way, IGN has an interview posted that discusses some required specs:

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/694/694190/vids_1.html

3. Games   -   #3
    it's not that i really need a new computer, actually the previous one i had before the actual was good enough

but i don't have any kind of addictions so i like to spare some $$ to gaming and stuff like that, i've a gf4ti that i bought 4 or 5 years ago so i've been missing or not playing as well as i would like some games bf2 fear etc and i will miss some more till that, like supreme commander and stalker

so i choose to buy a better sistem when crysis come since it looks awesome and fps is almost the my favourite genre, i dunno why i'm telling this but i hope it's fair enough and that you don't blame me for spending some more on it :p

other thing that bores me is dx10 and vista, do we gotta have vista for playing it? xp doesn't support dx10? :\
    will gforce 9k come out on the same time that crysis?

4. Games   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    'tis true that gf9 mite cum out as crysis does for nVidia have said that gf9 mite cum out @ the end of this year. hrmm, idk. despite local controversy u will be able to play crysis with a dx9 compatible video card, but u won't be able to play crysis the way it's meant to be in it's native dx10 state. what that actually meants i have no idea, but if u can't afford or simply don't wanna upgrade u won't necessarily have to. me? i'll end up upgrading just for the fact that my 939 is dying along with my agp slot for video.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Games   -   #5
    exactly, i have an agp slot and my gf4ti isn't prepared for direcxt 9, neither those new pixel and vertex shaders that don't allow users to play bf2 or condemned criminal mind origins.. now i wanna do a real good update

i just think i'll go for quad core because of alan wake wich is a game i'm waiting for too, but as far as crysis is out, i'll go for gf8 or gf9 if i have to wait a month or two

what troubles me is windows vista in the middle of this all.. i hope xp is able to fully support directx10

6. Games   -   #6
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post
    i'll go for gf8 or gf9 if i have to wait a month or two
    what's the prob with ati? dx10 ati cards will be released be4 the end of the year and hopefully will compete with nVidia's crap gf8 cards.

Quote Originally Posted by jokzor
    i hope xp is able to fully support directx10
    so far that's a no, but then again we can hope that will change be4 next year. EVERYTHING is hackable!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Games   -   #7
    i have nothing against ati, just never tried them, and if by the end of the year they compete with gf8, they get smashed by gf9 for sure

8. Games   -   #8
    kalpesh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    can i will run on 7900gs with p4 3.0ghz ht processor and 1gb ddr2 ram

9. Games   -   #9
    theincredible's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    perhaps it will be impossible any one play this game

it will be incredible who's play this game

10. Games   -   #10
    Dean141's Avatar Razer
    My spec should be fine for Crysis, and btw the 7950GX2 Geforce is perfect for it Direct X 10 O/C to boot and with a kick ass 1 GiG or GDDR3 Slapped on it
    Trouble is the 7950 GX2 are pretty rare to find now days and the stupid thing is, it beats the 8800's The speed and the performance is alot better and alot more stable with the 7950 than with the 8800 heh

(My Spec)
    Razer copperhead, Geforece 7950 GX2, AMD Atholon 64 X2 Duelcore 4800 2 meg, DGM 19 inch Flat, XBlade case, 2GiG Kingston DDR3 Ram, Asus A8N-SLI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast