Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your PC pics

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Is that the Corsair H50? How is it?

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #232
    yeah its the H50. i like it. i have this phenom 955 clocked at 3.8ghz and usually idle around 27-33C depending on room temp and loads are pretty nice as well. it doesn't perform quite as good as the top air coolers but it definitely gives them a run for their money.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #233
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Is that the Corsair H50? How is it?
    I've heard it can have some nasty issues with odd, gurgling noises from the water and such. But they may have just had a bad sample.

Personally though a lot of the better air coolers (with a decent fan) can perform a lot better and more quietly at often much cheaper price points. Here's one of the better ones, courtesy of Detale's recommendation, that'll most definitely perform better than the H50.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #234
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Honestly the H50 is a decent idea implemented poorly. With today's CPU's running hotter and hotter when OC'd a 120.1 Rad just isn't enough. Most of the so called OC guru's out there will say that you need at least a 120.3 rad just for the CPU and that's at a minimum. Honestly I don't know. I do know as Rart mentioned that alot of the newer air coolers will preform better than the H50 and you don't have to worry about leaks

5. Software & Hardware   -   #235
    i agree as i said it doesn't perform as well as the top air coolers but as far as noise it beats them hands down. one note about the h50 tho is to get the best effect from it then you should run a fan on each side of the radiator like:

inside fan>radiator>fan outside

obviously the fan type and speed make all the difference with the noise. i use 2 cooler master 120s http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103060 on each side of the radiator here and it works pretty good

corsair suggests you have the fans facing into the case to pull the cooler air from outside the case but i don't like the idea of pushing hot air into the case where it can be avoided

i read as well of a couple failing but those cases were pretty rare. unless you modify the h50 you don't have to worry about leaks. i did a lot of research before i pieced together my newest rig. over all i'm satisfied with an easy 100% stable 600mhz o/c on this 955 cpu. i'm confident the h50 still has room if i wanted to push it to 4ghz

on a side note the case in neat feature wise but i wouldn't buy another xclio case. i should have went with an antec
    Last edited by deadfukkr; 06-05-2010 at 05:30 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #236
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Slap on a decent fan and an air cooler should be quieter than the H50 at about the same fan speeds (and the specs on those CM fans are complete BS, by the way).
    Last edited by Rart; 06-05-2010 at 02:24 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #237
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I don't see how the H50 would be quieter as i agree that it's all about the fans you use. so if you use the same quiet fans (S-Flex's rock!) on both coolers they would be the same except that the H50 has an on board pump which has to add a few DB's.

Now I'm a watercooling guy for a while now and I have even been thinking about going air cooled as of recently. They have made some really great advances in air cooling as of late.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #238
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Two new members of the household. Two Dell UltraSharp 24" (2407WFP) monitors to replace my 19"s.

The picture really doesn't do them justice. These things are huge.

I'm happy I didn't go for the 27"ers I was considering.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4989577...n/photostream/

Last edited by Skiz; 11-25-2010 at 05:28 AM.

yo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #239
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Boxes have changed since 2007 .
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Software & Hardware   -   #240
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Boxes have changed since 2007 .

yo

Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast