Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your PC pics

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    World Wide Ambassadors ( of what ?)
    of pointlessness?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #282
    Frraksurred's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    My rig:

Its a bit ( 8 months) old, but still going strong.

Config:: Cosmos S || Evga E760 "Classified" || i7 960 || 6 Gb Dominator GT || Torqx 128Gb SSD || 2TB Caviar Black || 2 x XFX 5870 XXX Crossfire + 9800GTX PhysX || X-Fi HD || CM Silent 1000 || 3 x XHD3000 *7680x1600 Eyefinity* || 5.1 - Marantz / Axiom / Velodyne ||
    You Sir, are a liar and a thief. These pictures and the config are stolen from my website. While the setup is enviable, and I am blessed to have been able to build it, try to exercise a little integrity.

The setup has been featured on Desktopped.com and Hard[OCP] and is currently waiting for me to build an office in my unfinished basement. The three Gateway monitors have all died and I'm gradually replacing them with Dell U3011's. For now though, you can enjoy some more pics from the true owner of this setup:

Worklog

Powder Coating Worklog

Screen Shot Thread with 7680x1600 ingame shots

3. Software & Hardware   -   #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I sent a message to that fellow on the other forum with the pics. Maybe he'll come back here and clear things up.
    Much appreciated, thank you. Once my post is approved the evidence should be clear. Thanks again.

--

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I joined the forum, but they seem in no hurry to moderate the board, my initial posts are still awaiting an OK from staff. ... I also would like a definitive answer .
    My apologies for the delays, our site Admin does this in his spare time so we're not always the most expedient. I've been buried in Deus Ex: Human Revolution since its release, so I haven't been real attentive either. I'll look into it; again sorry for the inconvenience and thanks to both of you for bringing this to my attention.

--

As far as being a Christian AND a gamer, let me try to address some of your questions. I've been an avid gamer since there was such a thing. Being 43 now, that puts me back to the first Atari and Commodore 64. I love it, always have! From X-Wing to Battlefield 3 (was fortunate to play the Alpha) I enjoy it all. As a Christian, I do filter what I play, but probably not the way you're imagining. I'm also an avid paintball fan, so most of what I play are shooters and/or fps/rpg hybrids. There are some driving and flight sim games in there too, but Battlefield is my main game of choice. I enjoy the teamwork, strategy, scope and adrenaline rush. The stereotype seems to be that if we're simulating violence it must be wrong. If this were true our Military forces and Police would also be immoral. First and foremost, I'm not shooting people, I'm playing a game. I don't even own a firearm and have no plans too. Secondly, even that is not done with a blind eye to the reason behind the violence. I have never viewed shooters as murder simulators but rather as paintball simulators. That said, I don't play games like Postal, Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row. Violence for the sake of violence just strikes me as irresponsible, but great story telling, polished team play, honoring our Military men and women and emerging graphic technologies are all qualities I'll go for in a game.

As Christian gamers the group I hang out with, World Wide Ambassadors, likes to take these past times and passions and create a family friendly place we can enjoy them. We host servers that are monitored for language, cheating and disrespect. A lot of us have kids that play with us as well. My daughters are both grown now, but they used to (and still do from time to time) fly jets with me in BF2, have a little fragfest with me in Half-Life 2 or join me for some Portal 2 CO-OP. I've been sensitive to what I buy and what they've seen over the years, but I don't believe being a Christian necessitates being a boring, detached "Church Lady" who shelters themselves and does nothing to relate to the world around them. My interest in computer and gaming is no different from my interest in cars or photography. I manage it, but I don't forbid it.

In any respect, if you've got questions or comments, by all means lets open a discussion... but in our own thread or PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #284
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Frraksurred View Post
    M

As far as being a Christian AND a gamer, let me try to address some of your questions. I've been an avid gamer since there was such a thing. Being 43 now, that puts me back to the first Atari and Commodore 64. I love it, always have! From X-Wing to Battlefield 3 (was fortunate to play the Alpha) I enjoy it all. As a Christian, I do filter what I play, but probably not the way you're imagining. I'm also an avid paintball fan, so most of what I play are shooters and/or fps/rpg hybrids. There are some driving and flight sim games in there too, but Battlefield is my main game of choice. I enjoy the teamwork, strategy, scope and adrenaline rush. The stereotype seems to be that if we're simulating violence it must be wrong. If this were true our Military forces and Police would also be immoral. First and foremost, I'm not shooting people, I'm playing a game. I don't even own a firearm and have no plans too. Secondly, even that is not done with a blind eye to the reason behind the violence. I have never viewed shooters as murder simulators but rather as paintball simulators. That said, I don't play games like Postal, Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row. Violence for the sake of violence just strikes me as irresponsible, but great story telling, polished team play, honoring our Military men and women and emerging graphic technologies are all qualities I'll go for in a game.
    In the real world we call that sort of thinking rationalizing. No offense but people that do very un-Christian things like murder and rape apply the same sort of twisted logic.

Btw I hate to break it to you but our military and police are to a certain extent immoral .
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-30-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #285
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    My interest in computer and gaming is no different from my interest in cars or photography. I manage it, but I don't forbid it.
    Sure that makes life enjoyable and such, but did you know you're going to hell?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #286
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

You Sir, are a liar and a thief. These pictures and the config are stolen from my website. While the setup is enviable, and I am blessed to have been able to build it, try to exercise a little integrity.
    Thanks for clearing that up (if there any doubt left after Art's post).
    Last edited by Skiz; 08-30-2011 at 09:44 PM.

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #287
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    In the real world we call that sort of thinking rationalizing. No offense but people that do very un-Christian things like murder and rape apply the same sort of twisted logic.

Btw I hate to break it to you but our military and police are to a certain extent immoral .
    Compromise always becomes a downward spiral if no restraint is applied, but then what is it you feel I'm "rationalizing?". I love Mass Effect, a game that was splattered across FOX news for including a sex scene (blown out of proportion, but still). However you only saw that content if you choose too. If you were morally opposed you never had to experience it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution allows me to kill at will, but reminds me I'm a Cop and not an Assassin. Again the choice is mine, I can play it lethally or not. So should I have never purchased these games because of their potential content, or should I simply apply the same principals to it that I strive for in real life? Even the games that are an all out battlefield are not a representation of what I'd like to do in real life. I enjoy good competition, but I'd be modified to have to go to war, or even shot somebody in self defense! Nobody dies in the games I play, avatars mimic death, but then they respawn 5 seconds later. That has more in common with paintball then actual war. I'm not trying to simulate violence, I'm trying to simulate team work or turning a good book into an interactive story. Games that are overly graphic are irresponsible and turn me off, so I don't buy them. My point is I have enjoyed playing "cops and robbers" since I was a little kid, yet I've never had a remote desire to run out and harm somebody because of it. Would I defend my family if put in a position where I had too? I'd do my best, but that's a far cry from instigating violence like rape or murder.

I agree that people, Christian and non, can rationalize whatever they want, and often do. I am certainly not saying all my gaming is healthy, but the aspects that become unhealthy have more to do with how much time I let it take away from family, or other priorities, then altering my disposition towards other people or compromising my faith. This could be said of any hobby that gets out of hand. I like to use the fire analogy; it can be used to heat your house or burn it down, depends on how you use it... more specifically how you manage it. Rape and murder are blatantly wrong, gaming is not. Some of it is garbage for sure, and it can become wrong if you let it control you, but that's why we read reviews, ESRB ratings and engage a little wisdom and maturity. Like our Military and Police, who's goals and purpose are to protect and defend, they only get out of hand when individuals choose to use them outside of those perimeters.

--

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    My interest in computer and gaming is no different from my interest in cars or photography. I manage it, but I don't forbid it.
    Sure that makes life enjoyable and such, but did you know you're going to hell?
    Actually being anything but perfect will send you to hell. That however is why Christ came to sacrifice a life He lived perfectly to pay the debt for our imperfect lives. Perfect justice fulfilled and perfect love fulfilled. The choice is still left up to us to accept that gift or not. If all of this is proof of anything it is that He will not supersede our freedom of choice.

Good discussion gents.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #288
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    The three Gateway monitors have all died and I'm gradually replacing them with Dell U3011's.
    What kind of crap do Gateway produce? I paid 800$ for a supposedly top of the line Gateway monitor (don't remember the model as it went to trash since) about 5 years ago and it died after 2 years, now I can officially say that their monitors suck donkeys.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #289
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    The three Gateway monitors have all died and I'm gradually replacing them with Dell U3011's.
    What kind of crap do Gateway produce? I paid 800$ for a supposedly top of the line Gateway monitor (don't remember the model as it went to trash since) about 5 years ago and it died after 2 years, now I can officially say that their monitors suck donkeys.
    Everything Gateway produces has been shit for as long as I've known them to make products.

yo

10. Software & Hardware   -   #290
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    This is like my setup, I didn't steal it from a thread in Team-WWA either

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast