Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your PC pics

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The only thing that keeps me from building a PC is, I have no knowledge of how to set up a BIOS. The actual build is easy, but I wouldn't have the first clue on setting up BIOS.

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #312
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    The only thing that keeps me from building a PC is, I have no knowledge of how to set up a BIOS. The actual build is easy, but I wouldn't have the first clue on setting up BIOS.
    The only real trick is if you are into overclocking, if you are then configuring the BIOS can be a big task to get the settings you want. If you're not a tweaker (pun intended) then it is simply a matter of selecting/deselecting options based on your hardware. Most options/devices these days are automatically detected and configured anyway.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Software & Hardware   -   #313
    Frraksurred's Avatar Member
    Not as daunting as you might think. I'm no expert, but having taught myself to build my own PC's, I also had to teach myself to configure them. As Artemis mentioned, unless you plan to OC there is rarely anything in the BIOS that needs to be messed with, even for a fresh build. Even then it is typically only the "enthusiast" models that give you access to the more critical settings, such as: BUS frequencies and core voltage. All mobo's can be reset via a button or pulling the CMOS battery if things go wrong.

To further make matters user friendly, many of the newer motherboards are using UEFI, a GUI driven version of BIOS that gives you a windows-esque interface and allows you to use your mouse. Besides all this, the Internets has loads of tutorials for you to give you a leg up or pull your hinny out of the fire.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #314
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Your innards look like my innards, is that a big ass tower as well?
    It's an Antec P183, which I believe is labeled as a mid tower. However I've seen many reviews claim that it's as big as a full tower, but I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    luverly pic rart, some spec's would be handy

I can see it is an X58 board and that looks like a Coolermaster CPU cooler in an Antec case but info would be coolio.
    Antec P183
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    I5 2500K w/ Prolimatech Megahalems
    Corsair AX850 Power supply
    Galaxy GTX 580
    16 GB RAM
    128 GB Crucial C300 SSD
    1 TB Samsung F3
    3x Scythe Slipstream fans

It's relatively pain free, as others have mentioned. If you don't plan on overclocking (like me, I'm 99% sure I'd break something in the process) you really don't have to touch the BIOS at all. And if you get a motherboard with a UEFI, it's pretty easy to navigate it if you ever need to make any changes.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #315
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    All done with the new build/upgrades.

Old:

Spoiler: Show

New: One of my 8800 GTS cards died so I sent it back to EVGA (lifetime warranty ftw). Whenever I finally get it back, I'll rerun the Windows Experience Index. Even with only one 8800 GTS currently in use, it's still rating the graphics fairly well. As a side note, the only game I've played in the last year has been CoD: Black Ops and I was still able to turn the resolution and graphics all up to the maximum and still have smooth game play.

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by Skiz; 10-18-2011 at 09:40 PM.

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #316
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    One question Skiz, why did you ditch the corsair CPU waterblock ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. Software & Hardware   -   #317
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    IMAG0075.jpg
    HAF932 Advanced

Untitled-1.jpg
    Computer:
    Operating System Win7x64 HP
    OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
    Computer Name CHEWIE-PC
    User Name Chewie
    Motherboard:
    CPU AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965
    Motherboard Asus M5A99X Evo
    Chipset AMD RD980/RD990/RX980, AMD K10
    Memory 8153 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
    Display:
    Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1024 MB)
    Monitor Dell U2211H (Digital) [21.5" LCD] (D1TPK08D192L)
    Monitor Sony TV (EX4/32")
    Storage:
    Disk Drive WDC SATA Disk Device 596 GB
    Disk Drive OCZ-AGILITY3 SATA Disk Device (111 GB)
    Disk Drive SAMSUNG 1000 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II
    Disk Drive SAMSUNG 250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II
    Optical Drive LG BD-RE BH10LS30 SCSI BD-RE
    Optical Drive PIONEER DVR-216D DVD-RW
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Software & Hardware   -   #318
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    One question Skiz, why did you ditch the corsair CPU waterblock ?
    I just didn't want to bother with it. I already had the motherboard screwed in, so I would have had to take that off to attach the back piece, then apply thermal paste and screw everything in to the fans and motherboard.

The CPU fan that came with the i5 was already equipped with thermal paste and it just had those snap in buttons, so the whole thing was attached in a matter of seconds. If I ever feel like overclocking it down the road, I may slap the H50 on there.

ps - Hey chewie.

yo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #319
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I might be stereotyping here but I've found Mac users to have the cleanest desks :\
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Software & Hardware   -   #320
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    I might be stereotyping here but I've found Mac users to have the cleanest desks :\
    Why would Mac users be taking pictures of their computer on their desks anyway, I mean they all have the exact same computer. If you're talking about encounters, it could be that they are have nothing of importance to do, or they're very pretentious about appearances.

MessyDesk.png
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast