Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your PC pics

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    New office layout. I can't be arsed with cable management tho.

oQH0xqY.jpg

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #382
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Skiz uses a coaster

Here's where the *magic happens

20160316_114256.jpg

*masturbation.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #383
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm a total coaster nazi. When I had an iPhone 4 it was ruined by a nearby margarita that was sweating up a big puddle on the table and drowned my phone. Ever since...

I like the simple setup btw.
    Last edited by Skiz; 05-08-2016 at 01:19 AM.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #384
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The ultrawide had to go. While it was beyond great for gaming, it just didn't hold up on the productivity side. Bought two new Dell Ultrasharps. U2515H. Love em. Happy to be back to duals.

ERImSHg.jpg

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #385
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    That's interesting. Is there no way on something like that ultrawide to make it 'pretend' to be two monitors- kinda like the reverse of how two monitors can become 'one'?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #386
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    The ultrawide had to go. While it was beyond great for gaming, it just didn't hold up on the productivity side. Bought two new Dell Ultrasharps. U2515H. Love em. Happy to be back to duals.

ERImSHg.jpg

While everyone will take something different away from that picture, what jumps out at me, beyond the obvious cat presumable named Mr McWhiskers, is the disturbing lack of cowboy hats.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #387
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    There totally is but its better in theory than in execution. That's sort of where I duped myself.

LG has some software it calls "Split Screen". Original, I know. I figured with that and being able to use the windows hotkeys to send the windows to the left or right I'd be all good. It separates the screen so it acts like two monitors. It has some real faults though. Everything "snaps" to the screens. So if you have a windows explorer window open and its in the way, normally you'd just move it a tad, but with this software if you move it, bam, its full screen. So instead of moving it out of the way, its now in the way of everything. There are other little annoyances too but difficult to explain.

Sometimes it was simple stuff. If I just wanted to look something up real quick, the browser window would open to the full screen. Its awkward to view a screen that wide so thats annoying. So now you have to either move it to the left or right every time. Again, just annoying.

The positives were big positives tho and I'll miss those. I use Alteryx constantly for work and thats absolutely amazing on an ultrawide. I use XMind quite a bit too. Again, fantastic on an ultrawide. Gaming was great although on newer game you have to turn down the graphics settings. I really enjoying playing BF3 again on max settings and dogfighting. Awesome experience. Believe it or not even old Age of Empires was really fun since you can see soooo much more landscape.

But, there were several little things that seemed to add up to a bad overall experience. The new monitors are 2K with super thin bezels and beautiful. No regrets.

While everyone will take something different away from that picture, what jumps out at me, beyond the obvious cat presumable named Mr McWhiskers, is the disturbing lack of cowboy hats.
    If it makes you feel better, there is a shoulder mounted deer head in my entryway with a cow hide chair, and more deer mounts in the garage.

Oh, and ball caps > cowboy hats.
    Last edited by Skiz; 05-06-2016 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #388
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    That's sort of racist.

At least please tell me that when you dress up you where a really over-sized belt buckle.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-06-2016 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #389
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    That's interesting. Is there no way on something like that ultrawide to make it 'pretend' to be two monitors- kinda like the reverse of how two monitors can become 'one'?
    Would that be like trying to split the image on a wide screen television Meg?? PIP is fine on a wide screen but spit?? looks terrible, so would that not be a comparison??
    What would be more interesting if you ran two of those wide screens side by side?? I think that would be a good test of your vision

10. Software & Hardware   -   #390
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    There totally is but its better in theory than in execution. That's sort of where I duped myself.

LG has some software it calls "Split Screen". Original, I know. I figured with that and being able to use the windows hotkeys to send the windows to the left or right I'd be all good. It separates the screen so it acts like two monitors. It has some real faults though. Everything "snaps" to the screens. So if you have a windows explorer window open and its in the way, normally you'd just move it a tad, but with this software if you move it, bam, its full screen. So instead of moving it out of the way, its now in the way of everything. There are other little annoyances too but difficult to explain.

Sometimes it was simple stuff. If I just wanted to look something up real quick, the browser window would open to the full screen. Its awkward to view a screen that wide so thats annoying. So now you have to either move it to the left or right every time. Again, just annoying.
    Reminds me of trying to get early-gen dual monitors to work. Now the bugs have been worked out and I enjoy using two- back then, I really hated the experience. The software will get better and the monitors less expensive. And I have a slight suspicion you'll be changing/upgrading not too far in the future. Current setup looks very nice, as well as practical. If placed slightly higher and positioned just right, you could convince people that was your view outside. Looks sharp even in the picture.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast