Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your PC pics

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post

Nice one Wozz! Is that the cpu cooler on top of the mobo?... looks serious... more pics please!!!
    Hi Colt, yep thats the cooler. Does a good job, although it could do with been a little more quiet when its going full whack... Its a Tuniq Tower 120.

Quite a beast size wize...131mm (W) x 108mm (H) x 153mm (D)
    The fins are nice and sharp too, my fingers found this out whilst fitting the bugger... Still pleased with it though, way better at cooling than the cooler which came with my cpu.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    It's completely in-audible, id highly recommend it.
    I think come pay day I think I will be buying one ... really the noise from my PSU goes from fairly quiet to an almost unbearable grinding din...gotta get shot of it. The only thing that stops me replacing it with a bog standard PSU is I like all this modular wiring, makes things more managable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozz View Post
    Quite a beast size wize...131mm (W) x 108mm (H) x 153mm (D)
    The fins are nice and sharp too, my fingers found this out whilst fitting the bugger... Still pleased with it though, way better at cooling than the cooler which came with my cpu.
    Wozz thats is pretty hefty man! Hope you've still got all yer fingers tho Mines just got the stock cooler But I used to have a Zalman Copper or something like that, but one day the fan just stop working ..so i'm kinda off them for now...

It's all good.

Now, will anyone else join the fray?!

Where's all the crazy cats when you need em?
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 01-26-2007 at 10:51 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Good gawd I didn't realise it had become so dirty inside there!

My humble abode allows little in the way of room...

The case is getting on a bit now. It has an alarm feature that you can't turn off
    Should really get a silver floppy/card reader I suppose.

The side panel came with an two-wire LED fan that I replaced with a three-wire black one to make it controllable.

And finally the internal shot...
    Last edited by Chewie; 01-26-2007 at 11:03 PM.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Yeah fingers all good, may have kicked in some aversion therapy though, wouldn't rush to take it out again...

Yeah the modular psu's are sound. I have a seasonic 600w in mine. Also silent.

Seasonic updates its Silent series of power supplies with the S12 series. Offering yet more innovation and an improved cooling system. A ventilation grid has been built in to the housing of the PSU to facilitate the removal of warm air from your system. Utilising a single 120mm fan for cooling these PSU's operate in silence and Seasonic have a reputation in the US for building the highest quality power supplies available.
    I have tried the bog standard psu's twice now, both times they developed an intermittent fault, which wasn't much fun. Then a mate pointed out that skimping on the psu was akin to skimping on your cars breaks... the whole system relies on it, so its really not worth cutting any corners.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    @ Chewie Thats cheered my up. Desk looks pretty similar to mine, ashtray, filters and all So much for that new years resolution... The times i have sworn not to smoke at my pc, never mind give up, and i can't even keep to that...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Here's some better quality pics from different angles

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    haha lovin the gobstoppers...ill post pics of my setup when i get some time

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK View Post
    Good gawd I didn't realise it had become so dirty inside there!

The case is getting on a bit now. It has an alarm feature that you can't turn off
    Should really get a silver floppy/card reader I suppose.

Looking good Chewie looks like a very similar case I've just used to built my bro's pc in, only yours appears to have a very swish glass front, impressive!

I have tried the bog standard psu's twice now, both times they developed an intermittent fault, which wasn't much fun. Then a mate pointed out that skimping on the psu was akin to skimping on your cars breaks... the whole system relies on it, so its really not worth cutting any corners.
    Couldn't agree more, I was only contemplating putting in a default PSU due to the noise coming from my Hiper, anyway no matter since I think the PSU Linkin showed will be getting purchased soon enough.
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 01-27-2007 at 09:04 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Then a mate pointed out that skimping on the psu was akin to skimping on your cars breaks... the whole system relies on it, so its really not worth cutting any corners.
    True but they are "brakes".

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Then a mate pointed out that skimping on the psu was akin to skimping on your cars breaks... the whole system relies on it, so its really not worth cutting any corners.
    True but they are "brakes".
    Well clocked, missed that 1... Alcohol+me=dodgy spelling of simple words... My excuse and i'm sticking to it.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast