Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Post your PC pics

the tops cards now are Nvidia, AMD is losing the battle on both sides CPU and GPU.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #412
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Debating selling it all or keeping it. I do most of my browsing on the phone or laptop these days. I really only come in my "office" these day to play GTA V.

Also considered, if I keep the setup, selling the monitors and just buying a single 4K 40".

Attachment 170345

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #413
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

Update to the rig.

I'm done with water coolers for now. Over it. In 6 years or so I've been through a Corsair H60, H80, and H100i. I wasn't too impressed with the H60 so got the H80. It died and so the new build got an H100i. It has recently died. I considered the Kraken x62 but it gets very mixed reviews so fk all that.

I started looking at maybe redoing my build with a different cooler and case. As usual that spiraled into considering more and more parts until I was building new PC. I looked at using the FT03 case and doing Kaby Lake 7770K (or even waiting for Coffee Lake 8770K) + mobo + DDR4 (which is insanely expensive right now) and was looking at around $1600 already. No way Jose. Let's back up. Current rig with 4770K is still ripping through every game at ultra settings on a 2K monitor without flinching.

Did some research and opted to try the popular Noctua NH-D15. I wasn't going to have those ugly fans in my case tho so I also picked up some of their chromax black fans and the white heatsink covers. I left off the second optional fan as my RAM is a bit too tall to accommodate the other 140mm fan. I'd need a 120mm fan there to make everything flush but after testing I don't even need it.

I paid almost the same amount as I would have for the Kraken but I'm super happy with this air cooler. Idle temps are in the 20's and an hour of full load gaming has recorded a peak temp of 51 degrees. Air > water.
    Last edited by Skiz; 12-14-2017 at 06:30 PM.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #414
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    The problem with that many fans is are they helping or hindering? You ideally want air coming in to be drawn over components and then drawn out. Conflicting fans may mean deadzones in the case where little air movement happens.

looks good though

5. Software & Hardware   -   #415
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Meh. All's well. Gauging by temps, it’s operating exceptionally well. The two fans at the top are pulling any rising hot air out of the case. I can't remember what RPM they're set to but it's whatever the lowest setting was. Everything else is moving one direction, front to back. My mobo also has temp readings in several locations and everything is reading beautifully.
    Last edited by Skiz; 12-27-2017 at 06:34 PM.

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #416
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Updated with second GTX 1080 FTW. Mining about $15/day. Shouldn't take but 60 days or so to break even on the new card.

(I have since fixed the cabling at the bottom and stuffed those wires behind the top cards wiring)

IMG_3768.jpg
    Last edited by Skiz; 01-04-2018 at 02:31 AM.

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #417
    I like the black and white color scheme. Where you able to buy the white power cables (ATX power, 8-pin GPU) as a kit or each one individually? I thought about changing all the power cables for my PC, but my PSU (Corsair AX650) doesn't have cables available for it. I'd have to make them myself. I don't have the time to do it or the motivation. Plus, I'd have to see if there is a windowed side panel available for my Corsair Obsidian 800D. I know a solid side panel is available (or was). Then I would have to cut out my own opening and figure how to attach a plexiglass window.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Debating selling it all or keeping it. I do most of my browsing on the phone or laptop these days. I really only come in my "office" these day to play GTA V.

Also considered, if I keep the setup, selling the monitors and just buying a single 4K 40".
    I would definitely go with a single larger monitor. Is 40" large enough for 4k? I've seen people buy a 55" OLED (LG B7) for a monitor.
    Last edited by MacGyverSG1; 02-09-2018 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Software & Hardware   -   #418
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Update. New GPU and monitor.

I've really been wanting a 144Hz monitor for a while now. I'd honestly never even used one but people just don't shut up about them so I've been watching them for a couple months. Finally went with the 27" Acer Predator XB271HU. 2K, 144Hz, GSync. Now with a 27" and a 25" on the desk, hardware was becoming very cramped as my speakers were just peeking around the monitors. I considered a new desk but fk all that. I picked up a stacked monitor mount for $30 on Amazon and decided to give it a shot. I was hesitant at first but it's been about a week now and I love it. I feel like I'm less reliant now on constantly using two monitors and instead I'm using the new monitor for most tasks and the upper for secondary tasks like discord, music, etc.

The previous 2 x 1080s did well for gaming and even mining for a while. Now that crypto prices have dropped I've sold them and consolidated with a hefty 1080 Ti SC2 (and a small net profit of about $360 and a bunch of crypto)

Pics:

Last edited by Skiz; 04-13-2018 at 06:26 AM.

yo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #419
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    What do you use to keep the inside of your computer so immaculate?

I don't think God intended that sort of close to perfection clean thing when He created dust ... or laziness.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #420
    That is a Noctua Chromax Fan sitting in top of a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics Card ?

Cool Setup
    Last edited by deepchristiyen; 04-13-2018 at 06:39 PM.