Thread: This Makes No Sense!

Well I finally succumb to my urges and decided to tri BitTorrent. Pretty good I must say. But one thing really rubs me the wrong way.

I download Blitzkreig:-

Blitzkrieg (PC) BLITZKRIEG.FINAL-DEViANCE.torrent

And according to the files I have on my computer, the thing is 1.22GBS! Now some of you may know, the ISP I currently use is OptusNet Australia, which only allowes 3GBs of monthly downloads. Now I had used 2,577 MBs so far this month, and according to my calculations, I should be hitting 3.8GBs! Nearly another Gig over my limit. Yet OptusNet have checked my downloads since I got Blitzkreig, it displays the time in which my account was scanned, and oddly enough, I am still on 2,577GBs!

Can someone explain how this works to me?

2. Games   -   #2
    Probably you'll have to disconnect from the internet for your provider tho adjust your download number. Just disconnect and reconnect and probably you'll see the number has changed.

3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by dadoef@21 May 2003 - 12:25
    Probably you'll have to disconnect from the internet for your provider tho adjust your download number. Just disconnect and reconnect and probably you'll see the number has changed.
    I'm actually rather scared of what might happen =| I don't really want to know. I prefer living in this fantasy universe where I can Rip and to Download whatever I wasnt =D

4. Games   -   #4
    Well it's been confirmed =D It seems Optus did not notice my recent 5 GB download spree =) I just got the Matrix Reloaded and Blitzkreig and by my control panel, the only thing I have downloaded within the last HOUR was the BitTorrent Files. God Bless Australia and there pathetically stupid Broadband =D

I still would really like to know how there not getting this though!

5. Games   -   #5
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    hehe Download limit sucks, can`t understand how you`re able to live like that.

6. Games   -   #6
    yeah it does suck...........but you only have to pay more for what you downloaded lol

7. Games   -   #7
    it might be cos bit torrent allocates the space first so you havent actually reached your limit yet but i&#39;d rather it was cos they are too stupid
    strangly enough here in the uk british telecom are advertising the fact you can download with no limits

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Don&#39;t you have access to an unlimited provider? I would check every provider around and ask if they have unlimited.

I can&#39;t see myself watching how much I download. Sounds like too much trouble.

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@21 May 2003 - 18:30
    Don&#39;t you have access to an unlimited provider? I would check every provider around and ask if they have unlimited.

I can&#39;t see myself watching how much I download. Sounds like too much trouble.
    I do but my contract does not run out for another 8 months.