Thread: Who you gonna call ... ?

Urgent

Isn't it ironic that Israel, when it seeks international help, needs to turn to the UN, the organisation it has treated with contempt since it's inception.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is to be pursued in international courts for calling the Holocaust a myth, and saying Israel should be wiped off the map. The case will be launched under the 1948 UN convention on the prevention and punishment of the crime of genocide, which outlaws "direct and public incitement to genocide".

Source

I trust the rest of the world will treat any UN resolution in Israel's favour with the same contempt.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I hope nothing happens regarding Iran till after British troops are withdrawn from the area. I think Iran has always been a target by both the USA and Israel. If the UN fails to do anything then that would be regarded as a legitimate excuse to attack Iran.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    If the UN fails to do anything then that would be regarded as a legitimate excuse to attack Iran.
    Legitimate? What a joke that is Bob, Iran has broken no laws, nor have they broken the rules of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, unlike those members of the Security Council who condemned them. All five members have broken the rules of the NNPT, by developing new weapons when they should be working towards their elimination. Israel has never signed the NNPT and has always refused to allow inspectors.

Just another example of 'don't do as I do, do as I say', and the West wonders why the Muslim world is turning against them.