Thread: Converting Large Divx To Smaller Divx

I've downloaded some DivX movies of Sex and the City, some are large 350+MB files, some are around 160MB, and I even have one at 80MB. I'd like to convert them all down to the size of the smallest, since I can't see any difference between them. What software can convert DivX from large to small? What do I need to change to make it smaller?

THANKS

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by Ummonus@21 May 2003 - 15:37
    I've downloaded some DivX movies of Sex and the City, some are large 350+MB files, some are around 160MB, and I even have one at 80MB. I'd like to convert them all down to the size of the smallest, since I can't see any difference between them. What software can convert DivX from large to small? What do I need to change to make it smaller?

THANKS
    Virtual Dub is the answer and here is how to do it.
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kingjohns-gui...s/compress.html

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I left out one detail - I need to keep it in a format that I can convert to VCD. Can you convert it back to MPG for VCD usage?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ummonus@21 May 2003 - 18:58
    I left out one detail - I need to keep it in a format that I can convert to VCD.  Can you convert it back to MPG for VCD usage?
    Wow, you are looking at a lot of space!

A 719mb DIVX can equal up to 2.5Gb (and even more) in the VCD (or mpeg-1) format.

I had a 2 hour divx that equaled 4 GB in the VCD format.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Ummonus@21 May 2003 - 19:58
    I left out one detail - I need to keep it in a format that I can convert to VCD. Can you convert it back to MPG for VCD usage?
    dont know exactly what you mean but you can convert a divx movie to VCD