Thread: Office 2003 2 Beta F*cked My Comp Up!

Poster
    Ya, installed the office portion of office 2003 beta 2 and it screwed up my comp. Everytime i booted up it would not let me surf the interent but i could go on aim and download on kazaa still. Then sometimes it would make so most apps dont start up. Like the majority of them. Everything on the screen would disappear except for the wallpaper when the app tried to load up and then when it couldnt all the stuff came back.

Is this because it is still buggy because it is still beta so its screwing up my comp. I had to use system resotre but luckily now everything is back to normal.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Neither Office 2003 beta 1 nor 2messed my puter up and i've installed them on both win2k and winxp, they've worked just fine for me...
    but i have the official copy of it cause i'm a beta tester dunno how the warez copies work though

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lol, its beta. Gotta expect bugs. Ever read a beta contract thing? They always have in it "we are not responsible if this fucks up your comp" It's a chance ya take when installing beta software

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    It installed it about 3 month ago it workd fine.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Xilo@21 May 2003 - 04:42
    Ever read a beta contract thing? They always have in it "we are not responsible if this fucks up your comp" It's a chance ya take when installing beta software
    What a crock. They say that about fourth-generation versions of the final release, too.