Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for new movie burning software

rbh's Avatar sharing is caring
    i have always used nero and it worked great. every once in awhile i would have a movie where the audio track was off a little bit from the video, but it was extremely rare and usually happened late in the movie.

anyways, i recently tried a newer version of nero, 7.7.5.1, and when i burned the first movie with it the movie looked like total crap. it was all pixelated and just horrible. i have never had this happen in the MANY times i have burned movies. i suppose it is completely possible that it may be a bad disc but i thought i would see what else may be out there for taking 700 MB avi files, encoding them back to 4.7 GB dvds and burning them like nero does.

i have tried dvdsanta after reading some other posts in this board, but it crashes every time i start to convert the avi file, and i havent found anything in my searches that will work like nero does. can someone point me in a direction of some apps i might look at? again, i need to load an approx. 700MB avi file and output a 4.7GB dvd. thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    dvdsanta crashing on u sounds as if ur trying to use the latest version in which u've dl'ed. it won't work. use version 3.45 and not 4. then for nero i use "Ahead Nero Burning ROM v6.6.0.18 Ultra Edition". both of those together and my movies burn just fine. i don't believe u can get my version of nero anymore so u'll have to go with 16 instead.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    kiosk's Avatar Napster the Original
    ConvertXtoDvd, never let me down yet

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    well, i will try the convertxtodvd and see how that works. as for nero, i think my problem is something else and not the app. i tried going back to the last version i had used which worked fine and it did the same thing, but this time i noticed it having problems in the preview before the burn, so it must be codecs or maybe the video card? not sure, but i will play around with a few things and see what works. thanks for the help!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I've been using Nero for some time but only for burning DVDs and CDs.

I guess I've never liked using Nero for converting and have found other software works better/faster. (e.g. WinAvi, VSO DivxToDVD)

my .02¢

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    dvdsanta crashing on u sounds as if ur trying to use the latest version in which u've dl'ed. it won't work. use version 3.45 and not 4. then for nero i use "Ahead Nero Burning ROM v6.6.0.18 Ultra Edition". both of those together and my movies burn just fine. i don't believe u can get my version of nero anymore so u'll have to go with 16 instead.

Maybe old versions.com will have a copy of 6.6. ?

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=nero

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Maybe old versions.com will have a copy of 6.6. ?

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=nero
    thanks for the bookmark!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I have the Nero 6.6.0.18 update (33mb) if anyones interested, you could install it over any edition, reloaded or ultra, and keep the same configuration.

You might want to give your burner a good cleaning, using an air can first then follow that with a cleaning disk. If your drive and especially the lens has collected hair and dust, well you know. If you have a dog or cat its a good bet thats your problem, it could explain the all of a sudden problem because it often goes haywire when a clump comes loose and lodges in an important area and effects the laser. Its worked for me.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I've tried many, and winavi works the best for me..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I use PowerProducer 3 which supports widescreen movies and has a SmartFit option which automatically figures out bitrate for the video to disc space and video length giving you the best picture vs disc size and movie length. I've never had a problem with sound being out of sync with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast