Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What invites are worth (Improvements and suggestions Thread)

crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Problem with this kind of rating system is the list will always be based on the opinions of the creators. Maybe not fully, 'cause FST members have input, but in the end Buggyme en PF decide what's hot and what's not.

For example, I personally value Bitmetv the same as FTN, TT or Oink, even though acocording to WIAW they are in completely different classes.
    On the other hand, i couldn't care less about having RP, FB, NB, SweDVDR, Sebits, CO, etc. even though they are rated quite highly according to the creators of the WIAW thread.

What I mean is, when you rate rarity, you indirectly also rate the tracker itself (community, content, etc.).
    If this thread only rated trackers according to their rarity, SCT wouldn't be at the top of that list. SCT invites are not that hard to get if you offer the right stuff or meet the right person.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #132
    davidkz23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    why would anybody want Rp or Revolt besides its current high rating in that list??If Rp or Revolt weren't on that list nobody would even care about them..Or if they were mentioned as a 2, again nobody would want them .. Now if anybody gets them is just out of curiosity or getting them to trade them in turn for something better.. But everybody wants a bitmetv on the other hand
    why you compare RP to Revolt
    RP is a good tracker (like NB FB) and ppl offer a lot for him.
    Revolt his just a rare forum.

I repeat, rarity depends BOTH on DEMAND and Supply, not only on supply, but you can't seem to understand it, or don't want to..
    no. price depends BOTH on DEMAND and Supply, not rarity

As for the pure rarity thing without caring about content, I guess you would just give ScT for a site with 100 users and 50 torrents nobody has
    no. ppl not given sct for revolt because the content is bad on revolt but ppl knows that revolt his rare. its not mean his worth demonoid but his still rare
    just for the rarity.. If you did, then sorry man, but you're just the minority... Most ppl are after getting some accs to start with and trade, afterwards they just want sites they use not sites to have bookmarked and say "wow, what a rare site Revolt is with its huge number of 50 torrents"...
    i agree i'm also trade my revolt because i wasn't use him but revolt still rare

for example, i hate u*-* there nothing special in his content so its mean i think he is not rare?

just to be clear i say it again
    "What invites are worth" mean: how hard you need to work to get invite to the tracker

for example, revolt invite worth more than bitmetv invite (and i also not go give anything for revolt but still the invite to there worth more than bitmetv invite because if i was want invite to there i'll need to work very hard to get one and if i was want bitmetv invite/acct i'll dont need to wark at all)

"What trackers are worth" mean: which trackers better

for example, bitmetv a lot better than revolt

i agree with you that the old thread is not fair (ppl want a lot of good trackers for shit trackers like revolt or u*-*) and because this patriot work on new thread.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #133
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfade View Post
    Problem with this kind of rating system is the list will always be based on the opinions of the creators. Maybe not fully, 'cause FST members have input, but in the end Buggyme en PF decide what's hot and what's not.
    you wrong

What I mean is, when you rate rarity, you indirectly also rate the tracker itself (community, content, etc.).
    you right and that what the new thread should to do

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #134
    how can you measure if a site's rare or not if nobdy wants it (like it's the case with rmvbusters)... this is what moonspell13 (whom I totally agree with btw) means with demand
    simple, try to get invite to there and tell me if is rare or not

do you know this tracker "e-traktor"? maybe TD worth more but e-traktor rare and TD not rare, that all what the thread want to say which trackers are rare and he dont want to say which tracker better in content or speed or which tacker have most demand

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #135
    crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by davidkz23
    no. price depends BOTH on DEMAND and Supply, not rarity
    ok, and what is the price? what you want to pay for it, when you pay you trade your money for goods
    well here an invite is traded for another invite
    so the law of supply and demand is valid here

Quote Originally Posted by davidkz23
    you wrong
    why is that?
    a creation is always based on the opinion of its creator(s)

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #136
    ok, and what is the price? what you want to pay for it, when you pay you trade your money for goods
    well here an invite is traded for another invite
    so the law of supply and demand is valid here
    sure is valid and because of taht i told already that i dont give anything for revolt but is not valid to say us which tracker rare.

why is that?
    a creation is always based on the opinion of its creator(s)
    yeah but he listen to members here and do change based on their opinion

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #137
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I think this is getting nowhere.... You said that I'm talking about price and rarity is another thing ... I just want to remind you that price derives from rarity in real world so those 2 words are highly connected if not similar on most cases..
    My opinion is that in its current form , the WIAW list is not serving its purpose.. not at all..

I wanted to write so much but it's gonna end like an essay or something... In the end, I'm sorry to say, but let everyone decide for himself the validity of that list.. I think we are not kids here... I only feel sorry for the usual noob who will come here and get ripped (give his beloved Oink acc just to get that shity site which someone decided it's worth 4)... But in the end everyone is responsible for his actions..

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #138
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Patriot you measure rarity only be supply, not demand.. Have you seen a lot of ppl asking for rmvbusters? And the fact someone would give ScT or I don't know what for it, doesn't make it rare at all.. That's what I also told you about some of the other sites on the thread (like rp...)
    well,if u wanna phrase that right then u should say remove those trackers from the list

and as far as i have seen in our dear members replies and suggestions alot of guys in here wanna more trackers to be added to the list and not to remove some of them

also for example:let's say someone asks about the rank of RMVbusters and what should he offer for it ,should i laugh at him and tell him that RMVBusters is a 2 ,if so he will never get that invite or acc and that's also why we have implented another ranking besides the rarity rank and the other rank is for Content+speed+Pre-Times and that's also why we have colors to specify different trackers and that's also why we have reviews to alot of trackers

also there is Corey's thread which should be very helpful to all members once completed

so all these factors should help any member to decide what he wants and what should he get or it

Anyway, in the end I really think everyone says his opinion but in the end Buggyme and Patriot do as they please with their thread so every discussion from one point on is kinda pointless...
    You are accusing us of rating trackers depending on our desires,i think this is awful and lame of u to think so because if we were as u said i think we wouldn't have made any thread asking for members suggestions and what they think will help to improve the thread and i think also we wouldn't have listened to members in here regarding their notes and edit our rankings depending on the majority of opinions

We listen to every member opinion and suggestion in the sticky thread and if a majority agree with something then it's changed directly

We don't need to bump any tracker because we already have almost all of them

Also if we weren't taking members opinions about trackers then we wouldn't have edited alot of rankings depending on the majority of members opinions and suggestions

i think members in here has trusted us and voted for us to make that thread and i think we have been doing some hard work along with the aid of alot of members in here to make that thread helpful to every member

Also there is aphrase in the thread which states that this thread shouldn't be taken too literally

so if the members in here think that we have failed to maintain that thread and if they think that we have betrayed their trust and have used that thread for our purposes and that we didn't listen to their suggestions and opinions regarding any tracker rankings then i think they can say that and i promise i will leave the ranking thread and they can choose other members to maintain the thread
    Last edited by Patriot foreve; 02-02-2007 at 01:30 AM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #139
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Patriot I will repeat what I told you in irc the other day: in my opinion the thread should only have rarity rankings of the major known trackers: Sct,Ftn,Ukt,Ftwr,Fscr,Bitmetv,Oink etc. = trackers that everybody has some interest in and there have been enough trades to rate them based on what on average people give to get that.. Smaller trackers like IT,Rp,Revolt,Place,Vault,Rmv and some others, which are not of everybody's interest should be excluded from the list... If anyone really wants them he can just make an offer on his thread.. If he doesn't get them he can return with a better offer...It will be more easy for anyone, plus, these sites won't be filled with 0/0 accounts from ppl who keep them just to trade and not because they really like the sites...In short leave the "market" (if we can use that word) on its own to put a value in these trackers ... Because in the end the only thing this list will be it will be of a long listing (since more and more and more sites will be added by demand I guess) which will just "push" people to get site they don't want / use...

As for the second paragraph of your post, first of all I think my last post applies there also.. You said that I said you pump up values of some sites , but I didn't say anything like that here.. I said that based on somebody's mind (buggyme and you in this case, or however has the job of rating anything )rarity tags are given to sites.. About the pump up thing, I only told you in irc in private if you remember , not here.... Because I didn't want to turn any thread into flaming here.. And now you say *I* am lame (?)!!!! But I won't bother about that, if you want more about that, pm me....don't turn this thread into flaming..
    Whatever......

ps. Don't say names so easily to other people..
    ps2. You take things too seriously, relax..
    ps3. If the thread still exists, you will see that I also voted in that poll for Buggyme (and you in turn...)...

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #140
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    rarity and thus price/value depends on supply and demand so you going to get some poor trackers at the top.

As for the current ratings i got to say that they seem ok to me. i havent been on every site listed but of the ones i have been on i would have put them in the order they currently are in. sct and tl and bitmetv are my favourites and they rightly score highly and are listed according to how hard they are to obtain.

It all depends on how you want to look at this (rarity or quality wise) and reducing the number of trackers listed wont help members who are not interested in the rare trackers but would like some information on the lesser ones.

so long as our comments are taken into consideration when the list is updated i say keep up with the good work.
    Last edited by shazzar; 02-02-2007 at 09:04 AM.