Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What invites are worth (Improvements and suggestions Thread)

gino77's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I Think that if there are some screen shots so we can see the trackers from inside, there aren't enough information about trackers. so many people wants to know more information about the trackers links. etc...

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #52
    slau's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by gino77 View Post
    I Think that if there are some screen shots so we can see the trackers from inside, there aren't enough information about trackers. so many people wants to know more information about the trackers links. etc...
    QFT

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #53
    Chi Pheo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    The current thread is fine I think, you can add more trackers base on their rarity. I would think we should have another thread rated by the contents of the trackers so that people not interested in trading will know what the are looking for.

I saw some people said some trackers in current thread are overrated, I dont think so. This is the thread for rarest trackers why people complain about their contents when they get in ( ex. TB, U*** ) come on guys!

" Knowing nothing is the true knowledge. "

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #54
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by omarino View Post
    put some screen shot so we can see the number of seedrs-torrents-...
    That would be a little risky i think and im sure the trackers wouldnt want that. as a precaution i wouldnt do that.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #55
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by p3st View Post
    the thread is great but it could use a little improvement

- add more trackers to each lvl (1 to 5);
    - for each tracker listed there should be an review written so that everyone can get all the info that they need;
    - reviews are ok in my opinion;
    - and i have an idea about the tracker rating...
    since there are a lot of trackers that are over-rated/under-rated why don`t u use a formula to calculate the rating:
    the formula is : content (rating from 1 to 5) + speed (rating) + rarity (rating) + pre times (rating) / 4...
    this way i think that the rating would be much more accurate because now the rating is based more on the rarity of the tracker an less on content and speed ...
    ex: rSR (which i think it`s under-rated) : content+speed+rarity+pre/4 = 3.5+3.5+5+3.5/4 = 3.875
    U*** (over-rated) : 4+4+5+3.5/4 = 4.125
    i`m not saying that rSR is as good as U*** but the overall rating will be based not only on rarity or content, but on all the four characteristics
    i don`t know if u like my idea, but i thought maybe it`s helpful
    Sound good but you would have to add more variables. rSR is hard to seed back on, that lowers its value a little. YOu would also have to calculate rarity into it more.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffrey View Post
    i second to that, tl is really under-rated. its one of the best. pre-times and releases are a lil low & slow compared to sct & ftn, thats it, otherwise its very good !
    do you have ScT and FTN? and download speed on new releases is another story.

e: Sorry about the tripple post. i just went through the whole thread.
    Last edited by kavalchuk17; 01-27-2007 at 05:19 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #57
    SIMRACK's Avatar Celtic's Fanboy BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi Pheo View Post
    The current thread is fine I think, you can add more trackers base on their rarity. I would think we should have another thread rated by the contents of the trackers so that people not interested in trading will know what the are looking for.

I saw some people said some trackers in current thread are overrated, I dont think so. This is the thread for rarest trackers why people complain about their contents when they get in ( ex. TB, U*** ) come on guys!

i support ur idea..definitely there should be another thread rated by the contents of trackers an should be made sticky

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #58
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    The current thread is fine for me too. Rarity is the main point of this thread. If you want to know which best content/Pre-times/Speeds trackers search for Corey's thread, I propose make it sticky.

2 notes:
    I think its time to put FTN on level 5.
    You should add SnowTigers to level 3.5.

Keep up the good work dudes.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #59
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Also as said before you definitely have to mention donations:

1) sites that provide 3 months free leech with every donation

2) sites that give you 5 GB every 5 bucks or so

3) sites that just give you a star next to your name and HAVE IN THEIR FRONT PAGE MONTHLY EXPENSES AND TOTAL AMOUNT RECEIVED THIS MONTH

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #60
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    i was really pleased with all the comments and suggestions made in that thread and i am going to comment on the ideas that i have seen in that thread in order to improve the current list

let's start

Quote Originally Posted by tctosson View Post
    add more trackers
    i have seen alot of requests about that so we will add some more trackers soon but due to the large numbers of available trackers on the web so we are going to add the trackers that is requested here in FST

also u can suggest all the new trackers that u may like to add to the thread and every member can post his opinion about having these trackers or not

Quote Originally Posted by omarino View Post
    put some screen shot so we can see the number of seedrs-torrents-...
    some trackers may have problems regarding that but we may be willing to post screenshots to trackers that doesn't have problems about that as it may help alittle to figure the Trackers that someone might need

Quote Originally Posted by p3st View Post
    since there are a lot of trackers that are over-rated/under-rated why don`t u use a formula to calculate the rating:
    the formula is : content (rating from 1 to 5) + speed (rating) + rarity (rating) + pre times (rating) / 4...
    this way i think that the rating would be much more accurate because now the rating is based more on the rarity of the tracker an less on content and speed ...
    well,it's kinda good but it's kinda difficult to make because there is 0-day trackers,music trackers,movies trackers so how can we rate the content of each one also there are alot of trackers which haven't pre-time like oink,KG,...
    also alot of Trackers which are given for free will be high in the sky like TL for example

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    The whole point of the what invites are worth thread is to determine what the trackers' values are in trades. TL is worth nothing in trades because it's so easily obtained. Corey is doing another thread on what the trackers themselves are worth; you should check that out instead.
    i think so, Corey's Thread will help about the trackers content,pre times and so also the Current Reviews in The Sticky thread have rankings for pre times,content,rarity and speed and for those who hasn't we encourage the great members who helped us and posts reviews about some trackers to add this information to their reviews as it will help

Quote Originally Posted by 3333 View Post
    cuz IMO the reviews ATM don't help much.
    can u plz inform us of the defects in the reviews that u don't like sothat we can fix them

Quote Originally Posted by asafisraeli123 View Post
    I have the best idea how to improve it
    you should do a poll on every site and every member who will get in can vote his opinion...
    if we did that then we need more than 50 threads with polls to achieve that also what happen if atracker open signups like iplay which opened acouple of days ago

i think the current system regarding that which enables any member to list his current ranking for trackers and those who came after can comment on his suggestion to reach the best rankings

Quote Originally Posted by sert View Post
    Also as said before you definitely have to mention donations
    well,i don't think most members are keen on knowing the donation information but if alot of members want that in the reviews then we will work on that

i think most of u consider the rarity as the first option for ranking the thread ,we will take care more of the content of the trackers and we will work out to improve the current reviews with any information u need

i think that by combining the rarity and checking the reviews for the other rankings like content,speed,pre-times will help to figure out exactly what trackers every one will need

About the Trackers that may be over-rated or under-rated :u can post in the sticky thread about your suggestion of the ranking of acertain tracker and members can comment on that and we will work on to make each tracker in it's correct postition

i will make another thread also soon for u guys to choose the trackers that u would like to add to the thread and the trackers which get high comments will be added to the list

I hope i see more of your comments and suggestions to improve the thread

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast