Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Dedicated Server/Seedbox

hotwebdownload's Avatar The TRADER!!!!!! BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Getting a seedbox with u/l speed of just 1 or 2 mbps is plain waste. After all you can get those speeds from your ISP itself.

2. BitTorrent   -   #122
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sooti View Post
    i ordered leeware again but this time the 512 package for 25$, i want to run more then 3-4 torrents...

meh, you're just waiting $$$ on VPS. if you pay another $25, you can get yourself a dedicated server!

3. BitTorrent   -   #123
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I'm not to good introduced to this, if you have seedbox, do you dl files at that speed directly to your PC or to seedbox, and for seedbox with your normal speed ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #124
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwebdownload View Post
    Getting a seedbox with u/l speed of just 1 or 2 mbps is plain waste. After all you can get those speeds from your ISP itself.
    i don't think you undewrstood, it's not 1 or 2 mbps, it's 2mb/s, meaning 10-15mbps, sorry if i wasn't clear

5. BitTorrent   -   #125
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by sooti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwebdownload View Post
    i don't think you undewrstood, it's not 1 or 2 mbps, it's 2mb/s, meaning 10-15mbps, sorry if i wasn't clear

yo

6. BitTorrent   -   #126
    Member BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I'm not to good introduced to this, if you have seedbox, do you dl files at that speed directly to your PC or to seedbox, and for seedbox with your normal speed ?
    seedbox - dedicated server - it's a computer somewhere on a data center, which has very good internet connection and you are using it like it's yours, just not at home. you connect to it remotly and doing whatever you want, f.e. using it for dl'ing and up'ing torrent stuff at very good speed, like 100mbps or even 1gbps (depends how much money you have to spend). when you have files on that seedbox you can download them to your home PC, ofcourse at lower speed, it depends what connection you have at home...

p.s. sorry for my english, i did my best

7. BitTorrent   -   #127
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    So, basicly, I still have my crapy connection to dl at home ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #128
    Not so FST n00b BT Rep: +3
    yep. it'll just help you to build up ratios regardless of your crappy connections. and also you can leech the files later on at your own discretion from the seedbox.

9. BitTorrent   -   #129
    hey

i have purchased a leeware server, got all login info.

managed to upload torrentflux to the server but i have no idea how to install/run it, any helpers?

please drop a pm or contact me on msn, t.i.a

10. BitTorrent   -   #130
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    great thread