Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Dedicated Server/Seedbox

iStix's Avatar I'm rich b*ch!!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by prima1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iStix View Post
    Ok, what I wanted to say is that Vectoral servers aren't good enough. I got average 1,1 MB/s upload on torrent which had >300 Leechers and 1 seeder at Oink. With LeeWare I could get almost the same speeds. Are all of those expensive servers are the same, because I'm not happy with Vectoral?
    This is very good actually, with leeware my average on such torrent is in the 300KB/s!
    You are talking about average right? not maximum
    Yes it's average. Maximum was 5 Mb/s or so, but I saw some peeps on same torrent with 3,5 Mb/s average speed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #522
    THEWHO27's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    hosting ie ordered on the 29th still have not recived anything yet!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #523
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by THEWHO27 View Post
    same here

i got a response saying that it takes 1 to 2 working days, but since april 30 and may 1st weren't working days, for whatever reason, my server should be up today or tomorrow

i've been waiting almost a week since i purchased it, so far the service is pretty weak, hopefully the box itself will be good

to think, we just got ourselves into a 3 month minimum contract, haha
    Alright.

4. BitTorrent   -   #524
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by iStix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prima1 View Post

This is very good actually, with leeware my average on such torrent is in the 300KB/s!
    You are talking about average right? not maximum
    Yes it's average. Maximum was 5 Mb/s or so, but I saw some peeps on same torrent with 3,5 Mb/s average speed.
    I never hit 5MB/s on a single torrent in leeware ever!
    My record is 3.7MB/s on OiNK

Those peeps with 3.5MB/s average are the ones with leaseweb

5. BitTorrent   -   #525
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    New Company I heard about, offers 100Mbit Dedicated Servers with 30-36TB Bandwidth for 200USD or something, ill try and find the URL.

6. BitTorrent   -   #526
    Xaeron's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    My humble recommendations for Vectoral.

Am doing constantly 7-9MB/s. At the moment 3 torrents running, total upload speed has been averagely ~8MB/s for the past day.

This has been absolutely fantastic compared to Leeware. Of course the price is "a little" bit higher too.

But IMHO I would rather buy a Vectoral server for one month than a Leeware VPS for two or three months.

At the moment they have a couple of nice servers on stock, Dosky and Renacu.
    Dosky has only 500GB BW and small HD, but can be enough for somebody. Price isn't too bad.
    Renacu is more high end, 2,5TB BW and nicer specs overall.

My 2 cents.

PS.
    Vectoral's support system is great too. They answer your queries almost instantly (within half an hour almost always) and are extremely polite. And of course, they are very quick to fix things. When problems occur, this is good to know.

PPS. I'm not on Vectoral's payroll =)
    Last edited by Xaeron; 05-03-2007 at 08:10 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #527
    THEWHO27's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by upGrayde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THEWHO27 View Post
    same here

i got a response saying that it takes 1 to 2 working days, but since april 30 and may 1st weren't working days, for whatever reason, my server should be up today or tomorrow

i've been waiting almost a week since i purchased it, so far the service is pretty weak, hopefully the box itself will be good

to think, we just got ourselves into a 3 month minimum contract, haha
    same ere m8

first i was suppose to have it on tuesday then defo thursday and now tomorrow

dont look very clever do they

8. BitTorrent   -   #528
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by 007™ View Post
    New Company I heard about, offers 100Mbit Dedicated Servers with 30-36TB Bandwidth for 200USD or something, ill try and find the URL.
    Are you serious...

Damn, hit us up with that URL

9. BitTorrent   -   #529
    i &lt;3 Your Mom BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    hey guys,

i need help.. i need some recommendations on a good seedbox that will upload at least 4-8MB/s, the current seedbox i use from hosting-ie is alright, but i hardly get anything above 2MB/s even if i'm one of the first seeders on SCT and BitMeTV.. it averages on 1MB/s upload.. so i'm looking for a better one..

my budget is around £70 (US$140 or €100).. any ideas?

p.s. i forgot to add that it has to be a windows OS..
    Last edited by A23; 05-04-2007 at 05:20 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #530
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    oh hell.. you have enough for SoftLayer (one of the nicest!)
    softlayer.com they start at $150 look for sales on webhostingtalk.com dedi hosting offers.. they give 10 off.