Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ungratefull

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    don't want to appear ungratefull here BUT does any 1 else find it frustrating when u leave your pc connected up the majority of the time and u return to find that there's been loads of uploads from u but none have your dloads have moved....

example, I'm trying to dload GTA vice city cd1, common game most ppl will have it, I leave kazza on for 12 maybe 14 hours at a time but when I get back ppl have uploaded tons of stuff off me and all I'm getting is the usuall 2users/searching/more sources/2 users seraching/remote and on and on it f***ing goes, surely there is'nt 2 kazza users on the Web got GTA VC, or maybe there is

anyway just wanted to get that off my chest, sometimes I think I should just set up a ftp site and let ppl have my stuff

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    yeah 2 users with it ad the time mauybe just be patient

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I got patience m8, I don't mind waiting for it its just when I see what's been uploaded from me its all good though I'll keep trying, my kazza's running for hours m8 and there's still not a lot of users with gta, another annoying thing to watch is it will briefly flash up maybe 7/8 users connecting then back to the original 2 sometimes I wonder if me and my firewall's set up right ?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by keyser_soze@22 May 2003 - 14:51
    I got patience m8, I don't mind waiting for it its just when I see what's been uploaded from me its all good though I'll keep trying, my kazza's running for hours m8 and there's still not a lot of users with gta, another annoying thing to watch is it will briefly flash up maybe 7/8 users connecting then back to the original 2 sometimes I wonder if me and my firewall's set up right ?
    Just for grins I tried a search and got a whole screen full of listings for GTA Vice City.
    Try this IP/Port: 66.69.206.199.2461.
    Maybe you need to adjust some firewall settings or something, cause I got thousands of users with that file.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    If your behind a router, make sure to foward port 1214, it helps alot.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanks for the advice What do you mean by forward port 1214 and does any 1 know how to check my firewalls settings with norton personal firewall 2003? All I was doing was running kazza and giving permission to the firewall to anything kazza was asking for, is this not right??

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    I also have NIS2003 , yes what u have done is right, giving permission for kazaa to use and respond to any port.

You obviously dont have a router so i wouldnt bother about that.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by keyser_soze@21 May 2003 - 17:47
    don't want to appear ungratefull here BUT does any 1 else find it frustrating when u leave your pc connected up the majority of the time and u return to find that there's been loads of uploads from u but none have your dloads have moved....
    You're probably trying to download off of maybe 1-20 people PER download. Most may not even be online all the time, or they're not sharing at that moment, or their uploads are already tied up, etc...
    But if you're sharing very 'desireable' files, then the numbers trying to download off you may be in the 1,000's!

Expect a slight discrepency.

Movies and really new games are stuff that FEW people share but MANY people want.
    That's true of almost all LARGE files unfortunately.

Not being able to share and download from partially downloaded files makes it MUCH worse, as too does the leech-to-sharing ratio.

Do what I do, start kicking the probable leeches and start looking for files among those that remain.
    It may not make you feel any better, but you should be able to download more files that way.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Ok thanks for that seems I'll just have to hang in there pleased to know my firewalls set up right though thats been weighing on my mind for a bit I'll have a go a tracking the leeches though not sure how

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Use Peer Guardian and TCPview together to tie ip addresses to nicknames spotted in KL++. This can be done by starting a list of all of someone's shared files while watching TCPview for new connections -- the list's connection will be to the same ip as another already-established connection.

Also, you can cancel an upload in the uploads window, clear the complete/failed uploads, then lower your upload slots by 1 and the reconnecting leech will be the 1 who gets disconnected >95% of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast