Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wen Did U First Start Workin....

Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    well as u all might noe..i am 15....grade 9. AND I WANT A JOB THIS SUMMER BADLY.....well i live in toronto (canada).i was just wondering if i am old enough to work and wheRE and wen did u start workin...?????????????????????????????

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I don't know all about Canada, but I would recommend working at a grocery store to start. They are really horrible places to work(if they're busy all the time), but in the long run, your entitled to raise every few months, and because they expect younger people to work there....you can have pretty flexible hours. So what this means, you get a job for during the summer, keep it as a minor part-time during the fall-spring, and have it the next summer making more than you did the previous summer. I live in the US, and here, major grocery stores a unionized. You can't be fired for screwing up, and you must get raises (as well as promotions if you work hard enough&#33. That's my two cents.

***edit***
    I stated working about 7 years ago at two stores, ACME & True Value.
    I quit the better (True Value) to work at the one that promised more flexability and $$$$.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Props022@22 May 2003 - 02:06
    That's my two cents.

thx for ur two cents lol

My Blog
    I'm still here.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well I was 15 when I started working out. Hmmm...well Ive primarily tried to work in bookstores and video rental. I actually once worked at a movie theatre...yeah free movies is a great perk...but good god never do that. You wouldnt beleive what you find cleaning up the theatres. Id say my best job was and still is working at Blockbuster...Ive never heard of them hiring very many people younger than 18 (actually there is a 17 year old with us) but...I doubt they would hire a 15 year old. I think the supermarket idea is a good idea. One summer, I spent as a stocker, had to work the graveyard shift. Yeah the hours sucked, but the pay was great.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    My 1st job. I worked at a movie theater age 15-18. What a great first job. Free movies, free pop, free popcorn and time to study between movies. I became ass't manager and held parties after everyone went home. Plus I got to run the projectors every once in awhile. To bad there wasn't an internet back then. Speaking of which, you could start making your own movie files! Oh what a blast that would be. On top of that it wasn't very difficult.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    What am I doing now? I'm a co-owner of a nationwide (USA) franchise called Servpro. But I'm not really making any money; it all goes to expenses.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by thegroggman@22 May 2003 - 02:12
    ...Id say my best job was and still is working at Blockbuster...Ive never heard of them hiring very many people younger than 18 (actually there is a 17 year old with us) but...I doubt they would hire a 15 year old...
    They can't have minors dealing with "adult" material.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Lounge   -   #9
    When I was ten my dad gave me his old shinebox

10. Lounge   -   #10
    But I don't shine shoes anymore.

I hunt bears and use their paws to make ashtrays.

I'm hoping to take my poaching to Africa, since gorilla's paws are in higher demand. The ashtray business is growing steadily.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast