Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My websites on hosting, now to get it comming up in search engines

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Okay, so I've got my website up on a paid host (http://www.garrysfishtaxidermy.com/) and I've added "META" tags into the index.html file. Is there anything else I can do to help get it coming up in search engines especially Google ?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Curlz31's Avatar UN > BT
    The Googlebot does sweeps quite frequently based on links in pages already listed on Google. You will get listed very quickly if there is a link to your site on another page which is itself listed in google. The META tags basically do nothing anymore. The googlebot ignores them because people were abusing them, putting in misleading information to get a higher listing etc...

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Curlz31's Avatar UN > BT
    BTW your fish are sweet

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Thanks, That's my uncle work actually I just created the site for him. I'd like to get it on the search engines (mainly Google) asap

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Curlz31's Avatar UN > BT
    Just do what I said and it should be on google in a week or two

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Any ideas for where I can get started doin that?

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Curlz31's Avatar UN > BT
    FST is listed and you have posted your link here so the google spider should reach it eventually. A faster way i've found is to host your page at your ISP free webspace if you have it, but make sure you are using your domain name redirected to the ISP or you'll end up with a useless link in google when you move back to your pay hosting. To further accelerate the process, try getting your link on some taxidermy sites that you know are listed on google. I'm sure someone will link you. Also you can submit your url to google here: http://www.google.com.au/addurl/?continue=/addurl ........but it wont help much........its more about the links......thats the way google works...i'll throw a link on my site also (under construction but already listed on google).....the google spider will reach eventually......the more links from other google listed sites to yours means the higher up on google your site will be when someone types 'fish taxidermy' in the search........

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    how does he taxidermatize fish? simply paint over them with epoxy or is it something else?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Okay, so I've got my website up on a paid host (http://www.garrysfishtaxidermy.com/) and I've added "META" tags into the index.html file. Is there anything else I can do to help get it coming up in search engines especially Google ?
    You could get it included in google sponsored links.

https://adwords.google.com/select/Lo...onsored%20link

You only pay when people click on your "advert".

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz31 View Post
    FST is listed and you have posted your link here so the google spider should reach it eventually. A faster way i've found is to host your page at your ISP free webspace if you have it, but make sure you are using your domain name redirected to the ISP or you'll end up with a useless link in google when you move back to your pay hosting. To further accelerate the process, try getting your link on some taxidermy sites that you know are listed on google. I'm sure someone will link you. Also you can submit your url to google here: http://www.google.com.au/addurl/?continue=/addurl ........but it wont help much........its more about the links......thats the way google works...i'll throw a link on my site also (under construction but already listed on google).....the google spider will reach eventually......the more links from other google listed sites to yours means the higher up on google your site will be when someone types 'fish taxidermy' in the search........
    I'll give that a go and see what happens, keep the ideas coming guys BTW Curlz whats your website URL?

@ 100%: I honestly have no idea.
    Last edited by S!X; 01-31-2007 at 12:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast