Thread: Par2 REQ: Miami Vice 1080p...

Poster BT Rep: +1
    i have to admit ive only been using newsgroups for a week or so, no probems until now...hoping someone can help.

I've downloaded the collection

Miami.Vice.HD-DVD.1080p.VC-1.DDPlus.5.1.EVO.....from a.b.hdtv

only it came with no par files, and 4 files from the collection are missing articles, about 1 each i think. Have tried re-downloading them a few times but keeps returning incomplete file.

Does anyone have/know where I could get hold of the PAR files and/or completed archives I'm missing (parts 004, 015, 105, 175) or anyway around this

cheers

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    Part two of my post has an attachment. That attachment has an nzb file that points to the pars your missing along with the other files.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=150682

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    thanks, but they won;t work with the archives I have.

mine are 100mb splits, posted by bagaren as apposed to kekekekeke...

tried running quickpar with them and it just gives me 0 blocks available.

im assuming i need a repost of the parts im missing, or download that collection you posted instead ( )

soz to be pain in the ass

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Did you get this from your isp's usenet access or from a professional newsgroup provider like giganews.

If you got it from a top usenet provider like giganews and it's incomplete there, then chances are it's incomplete everywhere and the poster needs to upload pars for everybody (which he should have done in the first place)

Sometimes if the file was uploaded completely and if other downloaders see that there are no pars for a post they will make and post pars of their own but posting a request in the newsgroup helps

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    i got it from newsdemon, so yeh i figured if it aint right there, not much luck without the uploader posting the PAR files.

my own fault really, should have checked before i downloaded it!

ah well, bit pissed to throw 19gigs in the trash but with 16meg shudnt take too long to get the Kekekekeke collection...PARs and all!!!

thanks guys!

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Yeah it happens sometimes where posts don't ever get completed, and it sucks, but then again you didn't lose out because you got what you paid for