Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vista..

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post

I'm giving it, at least unitl SP1 comes out and even then it's a maybe.
    Microsoft has heard a lot of people saying just that. As a response, they'll release SP1 way early!

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/news-...release-151028

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Dry

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post

I'm giving it, at least unitl SP1 comes out and even then it's a maybe.
    Microsoft has heard a lot of people saying just that. As a response, they'll release SP1 way early!

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/news-...release-151028
    I bet that is why its comin' out so early...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfukced View Post
    just been reading on the bbc website:

Vista has speech recognition hole
    Microsoft has admitted that speech recognition features in Vista could be hijacked so that a PC tells itself to delete files or folders.
    Vista can respond to vocal commands and concern has been raised about malicious audio on websites or sent via e-mail.

Im still on Xp, and dont plan on changing any time soon..I'll prolly wait till it gains a good rep, before I go out and buy it.
    The speech recognition would be a problem with any speech recognition software. Basically it's saying that if the microphone can pick up what your speakers are playing then you could make a sound file of your voice giving commands...

On the side of what is so good about Vista, you really need to play with it for more than 5 minutes to get the idea. I'm doing a dual boot with XP and Vista, I got Vista free from my school anyways. Security is one, but I've found it's just soo much easier to use. Yes, it was frustrating at first, but once you start to realise how things are layed out I ended up liking it more than XP. The only reason I have XP around now is that Vista doesn't have the driver support needed for gaming, mainly because NVidia just released the initial driver for Vista, but the XP drivers make more use of the vid card.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Don't bother installing it now because it's quite buggy at the moment. Not all you applications will work on vista either.
    I agree with the first part, but what won't work on Vista?
    I agree with the opposite.
    There's nothing buggy about it, but lots of drivers and programs don't work.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    There's nothing buggy about it, but lots of drivers and programs don't work.
    Perhaps that's the major bug!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    ahmed84h's Avatar Torrent Addicted BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Don't install it now because there're a lot of bugs in it and also Microsoft will release Windows SP1 at the end of May so be patient to enjoy the Vista

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i have vista ultimate edition and it works fine. i've got the 64bit version. ahhh, sweet! i've got the chipset, sound, and video drivers and all work. in the process of getting a virus scan that works with it. gonna have to go kaspersky for this. firefox works with vista64 ultimate quite well. i'm have ccleaner problems, but that will get fixed soon i'm sure. haven't really test much else. i'll report back. i think vista is a very nice touch. lol, until i play games i'm sure.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Tried Vista and went back to XP. Sure it looks nice and all but is ultimately a big dissapointment. The firewall is VERY annoying. I don't like IE7 much. There just isn't anything that makes me think "time to delete my XP partition".

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cotopaxi View Post
    There just isn't anything that makes me think "time to delete my XP partition".
    of course not. that's why i dual boot.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    dont install old versions of alcohol 120% ya could get blue screen of death every time you log in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast