Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vista..

I just wish Microsoft would spend a lot of effort on making their OS smaller and more efficient.

And also as a Windows user it would be nice if they came up with a USEFUL feature first instead of playing MAC OS catch up eg widgets, transparent windows.

And also I wish they would stop treating us like children with all the balloons and pop ups and wanrings that you get as soon as you start up.

I hope Vista does not sell very well - so they (Richmond) get the message.

The thing is users such as us won't want it for a while. But all Mom and Dads and businesses that buy a PC will get one with Vista on it - no choice !

And over the next few months all the drivers and utility software programs will be updated (?) to Vista.

PS I also think that the price of the OS eg for a full version of Ultimate is getting VERY pricey which will put people off buying it.

Regards

Digby

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessgp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfukced View Post
    just been reading on the bbc website:

Vista has speech recognition hole
    Microsoft has admitted that speech recognition features in Vista could be hijacked so that a PC tells itself to delete files or folders.
    Vista can respond to vocal commands and concern has been raised about malicious audio on websites or sent via e-mail.

Im still on Xp, and dont plan on changing any time soon..I'll prolly wait till it gains a good rep, before I go out and buy it.
    The speech recognition would be a problem with any speech recognition software. Basically it's saying that if the microphone can pick up what your speakers are playing then you could make a sound file of your voice giving commands...

On the side of what is so good about Vista, you really need to play with it for more than 5 minutes to get the idea. I'm doing a dual boot with XP and Vista, I got Vista free from my school anyways. Security is one, but I've found it's just soo much easier to use. Yes, it was frustrating at first, but once you start to realise how things are layed out I ended up liking it more than XP. The only reason I have XP around now is that Vista doesn't have the driver support needed for gaming, mainly because NVidia just released the initial driver for Vista, but the XP drivers make more use of the vid card.

I actually started laughing when I read this..that is so funny!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    I think Windows Vista is an overall efficient system

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123