Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: P2P program recommendation for single song download

C[a]N's Avatar ArchWayisHardWay BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    try ares...

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    i use limewire, there are a few fakes, but you can normally pick them, and they're always seem to be in .wmv format, or maybe i just don't have a mainstream enough taste in music, either that of just use torrents, the quality seems higher, as does the variety of music.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    2 hot 4 u BT Rep: +1
    nodoubt, dc++

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Gornar's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +2
    Soulseek

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    GURU BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    limewire

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Limewire. Soulseek. Bittorrent. Shareaza. Kazaa. Ares. I've used lots of different P2P apps. Some are great, some are not. You can find what you're looking for using almost any application. The bottom line is, you should educate yourself. If you don't know exactly what you're looking for, and what the file size should be, then you're asking to be duped.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    JWP's Avatar ^-_-^ BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ares, bittorrent

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    fulu's Avatar Capo Dei Capi BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    nodoubt soulseek

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    donnied's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I have trouble finding a tracker that has the encyclopedic collection of songs I'm used to on the gnutella network (I am used to having success downloading tracks from local indie bands, 1920's jazz musicians, etc.)

The signal to noise ratio on Limewire has become untenable lately, with 100's of chaff files for every real file. I guess i need to employ some serious detective skills to track down an invite to oink me as a long term solution, but I'm gonna give soulseek a try, as well as frostwire.

I downloaded frostwire, and it seems to screen out the chaff, but i am getting painfully slow downloads for what should be widely available files.

Just trying out soulseeker now, but it looks like it'll require some serious time to become an expert and add "friends" to my user list and such.

Happy hunting, all.

DonnieD

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Ares

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast