Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hulk

crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    well im sure you've thought of it at some point...
    and back to topic:
    spidey looked shit in his CGI scenes (i thought), as did Neo ala Reloaded, what makes you think the Hulk will be any different?

From the trailer it seems his transformation starts off with blobs of green appearing on his face....

2. Movies & TV   -   #132
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    LOL...all that...just about his short...[shakes head]. Anywho heres an exceprt from the recent EW article...enjoy
    But last fall, Industrial Light & Magic showed the director and Universal some techniques that would allow for an even more realistic ''performance,'' particularly in how the Hulk's face could articulate emotions. Lee's conception of what was possible changed radically; a tender sequence between Connelly's Ross and the Hulk, for example, could now be constructed as a back-and-forth of intimate close-ups.

That would require reshoots, which took place earlier this year -- just after Connelly married her ''Beautiful Mind'' costar Paul Bettany and announced her pregnancy. (''I was tired and crazy and a bit weepy on the edges,'' says the actress. ''I was like, 'Are you sure this is going to match [what was shot previously]? Are you sure it's going to cut together?''&#39 It would also require more dough -- an estimated $20 million more.

Ever the hands-on auteur, Lee also decided he needed to oversee the work, which meant moving to Marin County for seven months. Moreover, Lee wanted to act out much of the character himself, instead of relying solely on the athletes, wrestlers, and others ILM had also filmed to create a template for their work. ''Really, only I know how he should act,'' says Lee, who likens his Hulk to Jackie Chan in Arnold Schwarzenegger's body. ''It was the only choice we had.''

So, garbed in a wired motion-capture suit that recorded his movements, Lee performed everything from the raging ''Hulk smash!'' to a swooning Hulk in love. Finally, Lee had found a venue that gave him permission to unleash his bottled-up emotions. ''It felt f---ing great,'' laughs Lee, whose catharsis cost him a bout with tendinitis. ''It was very therapeutic. I realized -- this is why I needed to do 'The Hulk.'''

3. Movies & TV   -   #133
    Nice...
    thinking along the animatronics lines earlier....suppose it wasnt really possible, was it?
    Where else did they use that shit, like Star Wars and stuff, right?
    i suppose if he's goin to be that big that is unrealistic. I suppose the movements arnt too possible either.
    But it can look a lot better than CGI my man....no?

4. Movies & TV   -   #134
    I dont know...they could have used Animatronics...but I think this film espechially is a turning point in cinematic history. Forget whether the film is good or not. Or whether the cgi is convincing. But instead think...this is really the first film where the lead is a cgi character (ok..ok...Roger Rabbit was a lead in his film...but that doesnt count). So even if HULK turns out to be crap...Universal has taken the first step forward...so as more films like this begin to come out, the cgi will get better and better. Some one had to have the courage to take the first step...and Ang Lee did just that. Now...I personally think the best option is always Animatronics/Cgi...best of both worlds...but for some of the things they have HULK doing in this film it just wouldnt have been feasable. And youve seen the close up of HULKs face...it has some striking human characteristics that you just wouldnt get with a 'pupet'.

5. Movies & TV   -   #135
    Originally posted by Pitbul+30 May 2003 - 12:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 30 May 2003 - 12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Goldwheelz@30 May 2003 - 03:29
    <!--QuoteBegin--thegroggman
    @29 May 2003 - 20:39
    LOL...hey thats a question you are going to have to take up with Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. And out of all the things that you could be skeptical of youre worried about his pants? [shakes head]

It has always bugged me also that his pants always stay intact when everything else splits&#33;
    so u admit that his pants not coming off bothers you IE you want his pants to be torn off and his wiener to come flying out? so u want to see his johnson? especially while hes doing that super fast running? if his pants came off in the movie i&#39;d up and walk out and pretend i didn&#39;t see that.

"i do not question what is better left un-said" [/b][/quote]
    No, it doesn&#39;t bother me in that respect :">

But, that is some stretch fabric&#33;&#33;

6. Movies & TV   -   #136
    *dougle post please remove*

7. Movies & TV   -   #137
    Hey guys, theres a new HULK vid out which you can find here. Its ripped from the game..and goes into even more detail on the creation of the cgi HULK. I thought it was pretty interesting B)

8. Movies & TV   -   #138
    Got another new update for you folks. Its another behind the scens video, this time from the E&#33; channel...and its about hose crazy guys over at Industrial Light and Magic. Two things to watch out for in the video. One...Naked HULK...not a pretty picture my friends...and all the more better that he has those handy dandy purple pants. And second..they show the bad guy...for a split second...Im not going to tell you when or where...just look out for it. You can catch the video here. Or use the hash:

File: hulk_on_E.mov
    Length: 8649908 Bytes,8447KB
    UUHash: =c0cGsE8vEqU77Hx4fp82Ev8kF2o=

Cheers

9. Movies & TV   -   #139
    Originally posted by thegroggman@31 May 2003 - 14:25
    And second..they show the bad guy...for a split second...Im not going to tell you when or where...just look out for it
    tell me when and where man &#33;&#33; i cant see it &#33;&#33;

and i have to admit.....he&#39;s lookin better &#33;&#33;

lee looked gay in that CGI suit tho &#33;

10. Movies & TV   -   #140
    tell me when and where man &#33;&#33; i cant see it &#33;&#33;
    Ill give you a hint...hes not in video form...or in cgi..hes a drawing on a piece of paper...dont blink or youll miss it.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast