Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Hulk

Poster BT Rep: +1

Oh yeah...these things are so freaking cool (and no...that is not a picture of me... ) anywho...theyre awesome to just hit someone with, plus when you do they make grunting noises and everynow and then say, "HULK SMASH!" ....lol...I never got the web shooters

2. Movies & TV   -   #82
    Hey folks got a small update for ya. Got this off of FilmJerk. The official runtime of HULK is going to be 135 minutes ...now thats what I call a HULKified film...interestingly enough though...it seems that HULK will be showing at about 1000 less screens than either Reloaded or X2 with only 2750 screens (that seems like a bad move to me).

Edit: Another tidbit...Vivendi Universal Games has begun shipping copies of the HULK game to retail stores (glad I reserved mine...).

3. Movies & TV   -   #83
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    All that matters is that $100 million mark. Clear that, and the movie is a success, which will likely lead to a sequel. The DVD sales alone will be thru the roof, possibly in time for xmas. Think of all the green you'll see.

Edit: pre-order your Hulk copy now, and it comes with a free movie pass to see the film, can't beat that
    Proud member of MDS

4. Movies & TV   -   #84
    All that matters is that $100 million mark. Clear that, and the movie is a success, which will likely lead to a sequel. The DVD sales alone will be thru the roof, possibly in time for xmas. Think of all the green you'll see.
    LOL...actually the sequel is already in the can, it was after the execs saw and early print of the film. Seeminly just like the Spidey franchise they want one every two years. And yeah...I agree with ya about the 100 million mark...actually I think its a little higher these days...but pretty close. And my guess yeah theyll release HULK Christmas times...I mean like Spidey...the film brought down the house in theatres...but it did even more insane buisness on DVD. Crazy Marvel fans...

5. Movies & TV   -   #85
    Originally posted by thegroggman@28 May 2003 - 02:52
    LOL...actually the sequel is already in the can, it was after the execs saw and early print of the film. Seeminly just like the Spidey franchise they want one every two years. And yeah...I agree with ya about the 100 million mark...actually I think its a little higher these days...but pretty close.
    Its only higher because the budgets are getting higher. Films like the Hulk will make a killing selling accesories, trapper keepers, breakfast cereal, hulk shoelaces. Buy your marvel stock now.
    Proud member of MDS

6. Movies & TV   -   #86
    Buy your marvel stock now.
    The irony of this is that 5 years ago...before there was a spidey or blade or xmen...there was just Marvel and their comics (the crappy F4 movie doesnt count). And Marvel stock was worthless...I mean Marvel had been in bankrupty for the longest time. But then...then...the comics improved in quality..and then the films came...and suddenly Marvel was huge again. I for one am glad, I am so appreciative of what Avi Arad and the rest of Marvel comics are doing for the fans. Theyre not selling out like DC...they are actually putting quality comic book films. Films we've waited all our lives to see. I remember hearing about the Spidey film 10 years ago...and being so excited about it...but then the bankruptcy occured...and Spidey went into development hell. But then...miraculously he was back...and finally he was on the big screen. Admit...whether you liked the film itself or not, seeing ol Pete webslinging was a real treat. The same goes for HULK...who in a million years would have thought we would be seeing the green giant on the big screen? I know I for one didnt. And its just amazing to see what they have done with him. The producers of Marvel films are staying true to the characters...sure they may not have the same stories...or the same characters...and they may have organic web shooters *ahem*...but they have the core of what made the comics so special to all of us. Call it a rant...call it a *bump* ...I dont care...Ive already fallen in love with this film, I just know that come June 20, I am going to be blown away. 'Nuff Said.

7. Movies & TV   -   #87
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I am hesitant to give avi arad all the credit.

my first nods go to EIC Joe "the man" Quesada... it all started with him, he turned the comics around, brought in top notch writers, and from there things got better. Quality writing begat studios wanting these properties, etc. Avi of course helped "sell" the properties to the studios, but I think Joe was the key in the Marvel Revival.

8. Movies & TV   -   #88
    Marvel has made huge strides, and I'm happy we're getting to see these movies, and they are well done too. However, Marvel really screwed up by selling the rights to Spiderman/Daredevil to different studios. You'll never see famous "crossover" stuff like you do in the comics. You'll never see Kingpin in a Spiderman movie, etc. Clearly the comic stories are enough, but it would be nice seeing different villians/characters in the same movie. I'd be really cool to see Spiderman pop into the upcoming Punisher film like he does in the comics. B)
    Proud member of MDS

9. Movies & TV   -   #89
    but it would be nice seeing different villians/characters in the same movie. I'd be really cool to see Spiderman pop into the upcoming Punisher film like he does in the comics.
    Egh...dont be so sure about that Jibb...Marvel has been in court with Sony this past month, they are trying to get the rights to Spidey taking away from Sony Studios, due to Sony not sharing all the profits with them. And you can bet Fox Studios will be one of the first Sudios out there making a bid for Pete. Oh...but actually, even if the studios do have a chance, I dont see a crossover film happening for a long time anyway. But really...would you really like one studio to control all of the different films? I dont know if I would. Even WB doesnt control all of the DC comics. I dont think you should put all your eggs in one basket. Even though FOx has done a good job with its three properties (Daredevil, Spider-Man, and the HULK). And also, with the current actors they have...I dont know how willing they would be to share the screentime. I think for now Supes vs. Bat is going to be the only crossover.
    my first nods go to EIC Joe "the man" Quesada... it all started with him, he turned the comics around, brought in top notch writers
    Schmiggy you are absolutely right. In my haste to make a post last night I forgot to give credit to 'the man'

And about Spidey in the Punisher film...yeah that would be cool, but again different studio...and theyre placing ol' Pun in Tamba...due to New York already having enough Superheroes

10. Movies & TV   -   #90
    Some of the best crossovers that I have read, feature small cameo appearances. I remember an issue of Spiderman from last year, where he is sitting on the crown of the Statue of Liberty eating a sandwich, talking to Torch from the Fantastic Four. This was just a small "blip" in the world of comics, but it shows that the city is big enough to hold more than one superhero, and also that they govern us. B)
    Proud member of MDS

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast