Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Should Know This....

Originally posted by m8t@23 May 2003 - 10:11

hi there !
    not sure if this helps, but i have Nero mp3pro encoder and i encode everything to mp3pro which is about half the size of an mp3.
    regards
    m8t
    not used MP3pro but i heard it is shit

wma lossless is interesting (uses a mathematical formula to retain 100% quality)
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

2. Music   -   #12
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Mp3pro IS shit

3. Music   -   #13
    I've gotten a VBS script virus that was renamed as a MP3 file.
    Microsoft's Windows Media Player ran it without giving an error of any sort...

WMA and WMV files can have some VBS script inside their file and that *IS* executeable.
    Ok, then am I to figure that any mp3 file downloaded can infect, or is this only when using WMP, which I don't, I use WinAmp. Also what did that file do?

Hmmmm...

4. Music   -   #14
    Poster

hi there !

Mp3pro IS shit
    it does'nt matter what it sounds like if the guy wants a file half the size of an mp3 !
    i think he was talking about reducing file size !
    regards
    m8t

5. Music   -   #15
    I appreciate all the responses, but no one has answered the question. This is all hearsay and unsupported opinion (not to say that any of you don't know what you are talking about... ). ANY file type can carry a virus, and yes, I hear that mp3pro is shit, blah blah blah, Microsoft sucks.... Anyway, it appears that the format everyone prefers is mp3 at 192kbps. So be it.

6. Music   -   #16
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Anyway, it appears that the format everyone prefers is mp3 at 192kbps. So be it.
    No its not, its VBR 1-2

7. Music   -   #17
    Originally posted by summerlinda@27 May 2003 - 21:23
    Anyway, it appears that the format everyone prefers is mp3 at 192kbps. So be it.
    No its not, its VBR 1-2
    Huh? I don't even know what you're talking about....

8. Music   -   #18
    Oh - it just occurred to me that you meant mp3 @ VBR - I was somewhat confused about the new format...lol

I'm assuming you mean Variable Bit Rate @ level 1 or 2? What do you use to rip, convert?

9. Music   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by summerlinda@27 May 2003 - 21:23
    No its not, its VBR 1-2
    Thats a matter of opinion,192kbps does the job fine for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12