Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winxp Pro Corp

I have d/led winxp pro corp, when I click on it a error comes up "is not a valid win32 app" what do I need to change and how?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Hey Rebellyn!

So you downloaded Windows XP Corporation Edition about a few hundred MBS and when you double-click it it gives you "Invalid Win32 Application"

Don't worry, it's normal. This file is a CD Image.

Two Options:

1) Burn it to a CD-R, then you can use
    2) Use a program like IsoBuster to extract that info to your harddrive

The latest version of IsoBuster is v1.4, I use this program for extracting Windows XP PRO.

IsoBuster v1.4

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    What is it's filename including the extension?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Don't Worry about this, it happened to me to. This is what i did. First i extracted the file using WINRAR. I extracted them to a folder i made on my desktop called windows xp. and finally just burn the contents of that folder on to a cd. Insert the cd into your computer and follow the instructions.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by Rebellyn@22 May 2003 - 20:57
    I have d/led winxp pro corp, when I click on it a error comes up "is not a valid win32 app"  what do I need to change and how?
    "is not a valid win32 app" means that the file extension is most likely an .exe and you need to change the extension to .iso or .bin
    What version of windows are you running?
    Does your burning software support iso's or bin's or are you planning on mounting the image?
    When you can give more information about your problems and information about your system you will get a more comprehensive explanation to your problems.
    Hope this helps,
    Steve

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thanks for your replys
    I'm using windows 98se , i've d/led nero, don't know a thing about mounting images.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    M8 after u've changed the extension over to iso,instead of extractin' it first,i'd burn the iso,less chance of currupt and missin' files.

nero>file>burn image. B)

after u burn it ,just explore the cd to get the txt file with the serial

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I tried to rename the file but it comes up access denied, what now

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by Rebellyn@23 May 2003 - 14:54
    I tried to rename the file but it comes up access denied, what now

When you are in the folder with the program can you see the file extension with the programs name? (Not just in the preview pane)

98SE--open any folder--view--folder options--view tab--uncheck 'Hide file extensions for known file types'--click ok.

Open the folder with the program now and right click the program--click rename--left click at the end of the name and remove the .exe and try typing .iso and hit return. Now try the Nero steps that CosmoK stated.
    If that doesnt work try the same procedure but use .bin instead. You might need a .cue sheet with nero...not sure (I use alcohol 120%)

Hope that helps,
    Steve

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ok, now to explain how stupid i am I didn't think to close kazaa, that kept me from changing the file extenion, duh, it was "in use". I changed it to .iso (now I'm thinking I'm on a roll ). then after I burn it to cd, I right click on the program it comes up with "Record to cd" in bolder print, no explore or open options, when I double click it sends me to the cd burner. I tried to access the cd I burned, the same thing, got any advice for that one, what did I do wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast