Thread: GigaNews is increasing retention to 100 days

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentguy View Post

Of course you won't see any supporters of usenext or newshosting jumping up and down for joy about this. Strange how they all are quiet when Giganews ups it's retention, but when someone ELSE does...it is big news around here.

I really wonder WHY people hate Giganews so much?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post

Of course you won't see any supporters of usenext or newshosting jumping up and down for joy about this. Strange how they all are quiet when Giganews ups it's retention, but when someone ELSE does...it is big news around here.

People are mostly looking at the price I guess. Giganews cost more than others but for me it's about quality anyway so I'll stay with them.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Hey Multiforce. Is there any benefit to having two news servers?

I use Usenetserver. I'm getting less than optimal speeds, averaging 600-1000 KBps. My connection's max. is 1.6MBps. Will a different server change this?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by captmilkdud View Post
    Hey Multiforce. Is there any benefit to having two news servers?

I use Usenetserver. I'm getting less than optimal speeds, averaging 600-1000 KBps. My connection's max. is 1.6MBps. Will a different server change this?
    There shouldn't be any need for 2 news servers as you should max out your connection with the one you use.

Try setting up the number of connections, if no luck try

tracert "input your news server address here" on a command line and see where you get a spike/high ping.

Try other ports too (if they allow other ports).

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post

Just wait for UsenetServer to complete phase 3 and get 101 days of retention.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Of course, GigaNews is much more reliable than Newshosting. There are two different servers (locate in Europe and the United States, therefore they can serve large number of customers)
    GigaNews is not only have better retention than any other Usenet servers but also it's completion.
    Occasionally I get incompleted files from cheap Usenet servers and I can't even fix them with all recovery pars files I have, so I borrow my friend his GigaNews in order to fix them
    If GigaNews's price reduced just a little bit, this would kill all other competitors.
    I think GigaNews is still cheap for it's truly outstanding quality service.