Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot damn son!

lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    my 'puter has been dead so sorry for my delayed report...

gojira were pretty f-in sweet imho. they had some sweet breakdown riffs goin on. of course no one really gets moshing to the opening band so i felt for them, but there were lots of horns in the air and mellow headbanging. i was impressed.

i am slacking in the machine head dept and didn't recognize any of the songs they played except one or two. they put on a pretty good show, but they only have a couple original members so..... A for effort.

trivium didn't get the negative response that cpt talked about. at one point heafy even said something to the effect of, we were just in canada the other day and you guys blew them away, or something. they had a fuct mixing job going on. i couldn't really distinguish the guitar & his vocals very well. it was at least cool to rock to flies & martyr. i was 3 peeps from the front thru trivium and have a pretty close-up pic on my razr of heafy.

LoG tore the place apart. i couldn't even stand being up front anymore cuz it was fucking chaos and i was about ready to have a heart attack and pass out (going to concerts is *the* most intense physical activity i ever have to experience haha) so me and my buddy moved back a bit so we could admire the destruction LoG was throwing down. randy commented on the venue we were at cuz it was recently remodeled. i was impressed he even remembered some random shithole in ND. they had some gear issues during our show too. randys like, well i dont get paid to be a standup fucking comedian so anyone have any jokes? nah, fuck that, how about a little Q & A.
    • new album?
      -i dont even know man. eventually.
    • why is the sky blue?
      -well i'm from north carolina. and there we like to say that God is a tarheels fan and made the sky tarheel blue.
    • favorite position?
      -some girl asked this. and he goes.... my favorite position?? hmm, how about one with my WIFE. hahaha

they played laid to rest, redneck and black label last. it was fucking sweet. awesome show. i *almost* broke my glasses again. FUCK body surfing, that shit is for lollapalooza, NOT metal shows. i dropped a fatass for trying

2. Music   -   #12
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    LMFAO! Dude I almost broke mine too hahahaha, that's fucked we are so alike. And yea crowd surfing = over rated haha

Oh man during the LoG show in Calgary it was intense, a total workout for sure and it got really difficult to breathe since all that CO2 in the place from all the people there.

I fucking went nuts when they played More Time to Kill cuz that song isn't one you expect to play live.

Oh and the Black Sabbath concert was fucking crazy!! Dio is the man =D omg, turns out Vancouver was the first city that Heaven and Hell toured for it was insane, Megadeth put on an AMAZING show those guys didn't even stop between ANY song to say hi to Vancouver hahah they just blasted straight through, encore was Holy Wars (no shit) it was fucking nuts!!!!

Down was ok, I didn't know Phil Anselmo and Rex were in the band, they seemed like a pretty cool band.

As for Black Sabbath, my god, I can now I say I've seen them live. Songs were only played from Dio's era unfortanately (shoulda seen that one coming) I was really really hoping they would bust out War Pigs but oh well, it was an insane show nonetheless.

KSE March 28th, post my little review once that night is over

Just for the record, LoG is the craziest live band ever. And I go to a lot of freakin concerts hahaha

edit: LOL @ the fatass
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 03-15-2007 at 03:06 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Music   -   #13
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i wouldn't mind seeing down. i think anselmo would be a pretty badass mofo to see live (has he kicked the heroin? i think so...) and i dig a few down tunes.

too bad that r.j.d. was frontin' sabbath instead of ozzy, but o well. doesn't take away from iommi's or geezer's masterful licks. war pigs... hell yeah.

enjoy the killswitch show. it was tits for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12